Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree fail after signing on new home

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: App spree fail after signing on new home

Chase is slow. Applied for the Freedom on 12/22. Still waiting. Finished giving final verification yesterday. They said call back for the verdict in 7 days. We are closing on a house in 30-45 days. I really want that card so I can charge some furniture on it after closing and then pay in full the next month when my yearly bonus comes in.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 11 of 18
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

personally i would have waited until the loan was funded. 

did you use your old or new adress on the apps?

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 12 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Chase is slow. Applied for the Freedom on 12/22. Still waiting. Finished giving final verification yesterday. They said call back for the verdict in 7 days. We are closing on a house in 30-45 days. I really want that card so I can charge some furniture on it after closing and then pay in full the next month when my yearly bonus comes in.

Generally speaking, it is not adviseable to apply for a new credit card while you are in the process of trying to get closed on a home.  Not a good choice. 

Did you call recon line already?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 18
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:

Generally speaking, it is not adviseable to apply for a new credit card while you are in the process of trying to get closed on a home.  Not a good choice. 

Did you call recon line already?

Yes, now days the often repull a CR just before closing to see what has been going on.  So be prepared to answer questions from the UW about why you applied and what credit line was granted.  Not sure that the above reason would be the best (may raise issues about your cash flow) so maybe say something like "to get the 5% bonus categories" etc etc.  Or you may not be asked.

Message 14 of 18
rkb84
Contributor

Got my response back from Chase on the phone, 8,000 starting limit.. really surprised actually this is great. Wondering if I should try for one more prime card now, which would be the best choice in this level?

Message 15 of 18
flashevo
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval.
NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 16 of 18
flashevo
Regular Contributor

Just curious but did you have any baddies on your CR? Only ask since you mentioned you had a cap 1 secured card.
NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 17 of 18
rkb84
Contributor

I have a 5 year old CO for cap1, and a paid off collection (cell phone) for $400 from last year

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.