Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree

tag
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Re: App spree

Isn't it just the upgrade to Discover More...almost identical

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 11 of 21
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure but it's seem they offer for more benefit meanwhile they probably had some strict approve Requirement

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 21
distantarray
Established Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

The reason I list those card not because its the one I want the most but the one I know i had imore change they would approved me ........I love Amex but I hate the way they do with their annual fees and plus I don't need a charge card.....I rather wait another 1 or 2 years then apps for their prime cards.........I'm only ant about two cards right now and choose the one that really grow with me......

They have cards that aren't charge like Delta Gold which waives first year's annual fee, and you can cancel it before it renews and you'll still have the back date. Remember besides charge cards they also have revolvers.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 13 of 21
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

The reason I list those card not because its the one I want the most but the one I know i had imore change they would approved me ........I love Amex but I hate the way they do with their annual fees and plus I don't need a charge card.....I rather wait another 1 or 2 years then apps for their prime cards.........I'm only ant about two cards right now and choose the one that really grow with me......

They have cards that aren't charge like Delta Gold which waives first year's annual fee, and you can cancel it before it renews and you'll still have the back date. Remember besides charge cards they also have revolvers.

I don't wanna have cards then cancel .....I just need to add 1 or 2 trade line and stay with it...but thankhs  thou

Message 14 of 21
distantarray
Established Contributor

Then why not try for Amex Clear or Amex Costco you still get backdating with no annual fees and it's not a charge card

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 15 of 21
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Would they approved for 670 Fico score thou ???? If they do then I would love to  have one of  them....

Message 16 of 21
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

If I were you, I'd go with a Walmart card.  You get the free TU score, plus, if you call in every four months, GE is very good with CLIs.  Two months ago, I went from $1000 to $2000.  In two more months, I'm going to ask them for $4000.  I went from $200 to $1000 with my Belk store card and I got approved for a Paypal Extras MC for $2000 two months ago.  I plan on asking for $5000 when it's four months old.

For the other card, I'd suggest either the Chase Freedom or the Discover More.  I like the rotating 5% cash back categories.  I especially like ShopDiscover and the cash back from the participating stores.

I can't comment on Citi because I just can't get approved for one of their cards.  I'm a year away from apping for an Amex.  They are pretty strict on bankruptcies being 8 years old and mine is 7.

Whatever you choose, garden for a while and you will be looking good.  Just don't forget, if you get Walmart, ask for those CLIs every four months.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 17 of 21
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

In reply to Distantarray:

You were mistaken on the Discover More. It always pays 5% for those categories. But it doesn't begin paying 1% on the non-rotating categories until $3,000. It pays 0.25% prior to hitting that threshold.

And there are exceptions for the 1% also, like warehouse stores for example.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 18 of 21
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Other cards seem pretty interesting but Walmart card had like 22.9 % APR......kinda freak me out lol.......
I know it going to be one of my list but maybe i gonna past 'em this time.........I lwant to know about City and US.....is any of them fit with my credit file ????!!1 any suggestion guys

Message 19 of 21
Sorainzo
Valued Member

Nice. And be careful with applying with all of those inquiries, they may sometimes not affect your score, but they may affect creditors' decision on approving your card application. Were you approved for any cards after those inquiries?

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: 694
Goal Score: 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
My Current Cards: Capital One Cash Rewards - $5000, Chase Amazon Rewards - $1400, Citi Secured - $300, U.S. Bank Secured - $300, Firestone CFNA Card - $1200
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.