Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree?

tag
Mellykca
New Contributor

App spree?

I don't think I am ready to apply for anything quite yet, but when I do, should I apply for a card here or there or should I apply for a few all at once? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: App spree?

Care to share more info? Smiley Wink

Scores (Fico)?

Cards now with limits and how long you've had?

Baddies?

UTL?

Other loans car, mortgage, SL etc etc 

Where you spend the most and what kind of CC's would you like?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
Mellykca
New Contributor

I am recently just started my rebuilding process. My scores are in the 570-585 range.

I have a defaulted student loan on my CR which I just rehabilitated last week. I also have a cell phone bill in collections on my CR that I have no knowledge of that I have disputed.  

I currently have 2 CCs. I have a WF secured with $500 limit and a VS with a $350 limit. There are both very new.  

I would like to add at least one more card, but not sure what to add. I was not planning on going on an app spree for a while, but I was just curious if it is better to apply for one here and there or a bunch all at the same time. =) 

Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Mellykca wrote:

I am recently just started my rebuilding process. My scores are in the 570-585 range.

I have a defaulted student loan on my CR which I just rehabilitated last week. I also have a cell phone bill in collections on my CR that I have no knowledge of that I have disputed.  

I currently have 2 CCs. I have a WF secured with $500 limit and a VS with a $350 limit. There are both very new.  

I would like to add at least one more card, but not sure what to add. I was not planning on going on an app spree for a while, but I was just curious if it is better to apply for one here and there or a bunch all at the same time. =) 

Every profile is different so the answer to your question as far as spree will depend on that ...Your choice

Having a 3rd card can help with the rebuilding process but with your current scores I suggest another secured card.

Either BofA which will require a HP but graduates 

or 

SFDCU which will not require a HP but will not graduate 

If your approved for either one you'll see a scoring ding from HP or when the new TL reports 

Keep and use all cards for 6-9 months and you'll be ready for unsecured cards at that point 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 7
Mellykca
New Contributor

I have been scared to apply for anything. I got the VS with the shopping cart trick and I was denied for a Cap One secured card. I didn't even think that was possible! 

Message 5 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Mellykca wrote:

I have been scared to apply for anything. I got the VS with the shopping cart trick and I was denied for a Cap One secured card. I didn't even think that was possible! 

Of the choices I gave you I would stick with the SFDCU because you have nothing to lose if denied since it won't be a HP and if approved your good to goSmiley Wink

https://www.sdfcu.org/emv-creditcards

Good luck and keep us posted 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Mellykca wrote:

I was denied for a Cap One secured card.

A spree wouldn't be a good idea then.  Work on the issues with your credit and then worry about whether to spree or not.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.