Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently I'm not cool to Walmart

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Apparently I'm not cool to Walmart

First off the only way I have ever tried for a CLI with my Walmart card was the CLI button. I started off with a $700 store card. I posted a balance when statement closed. I paid it off by due date to avoid interest. Every 4th statement after it closed I would push the CLI button. I recieved CLI often but not every time. If I didn't post a balance I wouldn't get a CLI until four statements posted with one. If I was denied normally not enough experience with current CL was the reason. I don't try any longer as I have a lot of Synchrony cards and don't want to hit a wall in case I would need another in the future. This worked for me and others that I recomended to try every four statements.  Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 18
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Well it started as a very low limit which was fine. I didn't have a store card at the time so figured I'd grab a Walmart one. They did auto increase me to $1100 after a few months so I was happy with that. I was just thinking after reading here that I'd be able to get one at the 4 month mark. I didn't and a few days ago was the 5 month mark.

Yea it's my first synch card as well. Just see many people who get this card and don't even use it and call to get big increases on it.

Obviously their scores may vary but the increase amounts to me didn't really seem to be only about your score.

You won't be able to get another CLI throught the LUV button for at least another 4 statements (not months) from your last CLI.   You could try Credit Solutions at any time....YMMV.

Just remember, credit is a journey, not a race.   It took me 6 statements to get my Wally from $300 to $700 using the LUV button (Credit Solutions didn't work at that time, either).   So be patient.   CLIs aren't a guarantee.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had mine 9 months now, and it hasn't budged from $400.  It'll get canceled after a year, mainly because I'm done with toy limit store cards and moving on to prime cards. 

Message 13 of 18
JAmajzan
Valued Member

Ive got you guys beat. In Almost 4 years, Walmart has denied my request for CLI every year through the so call luv button. Last year, I just stop using it until they close it.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score 2/16: 707 Tu, 711 Ex, 706 Eq
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tough luck. That's pretty crazy though. 4 years? I thought synchrony was good.
Message 15 of 18
JAmajzan
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I usualy pay it off at the end of the month, then I tried keeping a small balance, keeping a big balance. then finally stop using it Smiley Happy. Its due to be auto cancelled in about 4 months.  Denial letter always state the same old dereg from 09. Oh well.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score 2/16: 707 Tu, 711 Ex, 706 Eq
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sometimes there is more to the story that isn't shared. What works for one doesn't always work for others. That's why it's always your milage may vary.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 17 of 18
toi34
Established Contributor

My Walmart card started with a $150 CL, then auto increased to $800 two months later... I've had it for just over a year.

I was just saying to myself "I wonder why my Walmart card won't increase to be on par with my Amazon any more?" My Amazon card has a $3500 limit and Wally has a $2100 limit. At one point they were both always the same limit: In the past both cards increased simultaneously (when I hit the luv button on one the other worked too, vice versa). It seems to me that Synchrony is much more conservative than GEMB was, and especially on the Wally card! The every 4 months thingy doesn't work for me on any Synchrony card, more like every 5 months or so. Chat rarely works, and calling NEVER works for me. If I notice an auto increase, then I chat and get the rest. As of late I have been using it to buy monthly groceries and taking advantage of the special financing...we'll see if I get an increase in August?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.