Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently Some AMEX and Chase CSR Don't Know How to Read CRs

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Apparently Some AMEX and Chase CSR Don't Know How to Read CRs

I was denied for AMEX and Chase back in July -  Called Amex last month to get the specifics of why - I was told because I have two unpaid judgments on my Ex.  I told the rep, that I have one paid and one upaid;  that I was currently looking at all three of my reports provided by Score Tracker through Discover, and I know what is on my reports.  He insisted that the report he has says they are both unpaid.   I got no where with with him, and just said I would look into it.  I knew I would not get approved, anyway.

Pulled CRs last weekend -  things are reporting as I expected them to, including the 1 paid and 1 unpaid judgments.   I called Chase today to ask for the specific reason for denial -  The first woman I spoke to was very nice.  The second one was clearly irritated and did not want to much be bothered.  She had to go into the Archive reports, then told me that it was denied for  "two unpaid judgments.....  Also, you have a maxed out Cap card."  "No, I do not.  I do not have a Cap 1 card.  I have 4 bank cards: Cit, Discover, Barclay, NYSE Employees Fed CUE...."  She got quiet. 

So, finally I said "Well, you are the second person to say that both of those judgments are showing up as unpaid, when I know for certain one is paid; it shows up as such on the CR I have through Discover. Besides, as NYSE went into my account the day before Christmas a few years ago and helped themselves to > $800, I absolutely know for a fact that that judgment was satisfied before it ever appeared on my CR.  As for the other, it is unpaid because I am going to try to have it vacated."  She went on to tell me that whatever I am getting through Discover is a modified report that is not showing the proper info.  Only because this happened twice, did I consider that.  Then I brought up my concern that any Cap 1 card would be reporting as open and nearly maxed.  She admitted she made a mistake and had read the report incorrectly.

I printed out my free annual credit report from all three bureaus today.  Every one of says the exact same thing as my Discover Score Tracker says -  Tax judgment  = PAID/ Satisfied.

REALLY Chase and AMEX?  

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Apparently Some AMEX and Chase CSR Don't Know How to Read CRs

@Changingmantra wrote:

I was denied for AMEX and Chase back in July -  Called Amex last month to get the specifics of why - I was told because I have two unpaid judgments on my Ex.  I told the rep, that I have one paid and one upaid;  that I was currently looking at all three of my reports provided by Score Tracker through Discover, and I know what is on my reports.  He insisted that the report he has says they are both unpaid.   I got no where with with him, and just said I would look into it.  I knew I would not get approved, anyway.

Pulled CRs last weekend -  things are reporting as I expected them to, including the 1 paid and 1 unpaid judgments.   I called Chase today to ask for the specific reason for denial -  The first woman I spoke to was very nice.  The second one was clearly irritated and did not want to much be bothered.  She had to go into the Archive reports, then told me that it was denied for  "two unpaid judgments.....  Also, you have a maxed out Cap card."  "No, I do not.  I do not have a Cap 1 card.  I have 4 bank cards: Cit, Discover, Barclay, NYSE Employees Fed CUE...."  She got quiet. 

So, finally I said "Well, you are the second person to say that both of those judgments are showing up as unpaid, when I know for certain one is paid; it shows up as such on the CR I have through Discover. Besides, as NYSE went into my account the day before Christmas a few years ago and helped themselves to > $800, I absolutely know for a fact that that judgment was satisfied before it ever appeared on my CR.  As for the other, it is unpaid because I am going to try to have it vacated."  She went on to tell me that whatever I am getting through Discover is a modified report that is not showing the proper info.  Only because this happened twice, did I consider that.  Then I brought up my concern that any Cap 1 card would be reporting as open and nearly maxed.  She admitted she made a mistake and had read the report incorrectly.

I printed out my free annual credit report from all three bureaus today.  Every one of says the exact same thing as my Discover Score Tracker says -  Tax judgment  = PAID/ Satisfied.

REALLY Chase and AMEX?  

Check Innovis as well, just to be safe.

Banks do pull from that and customers always forget about Innovis.

The wrong info may be reported on Innovis.

A lot of times they just don't really care, and simply read off whatever the computer screen throws at them, which i think is what happened for you.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 7
bobbay
Established Contributor

Had a similar problem, Denied, reason Legal item(s) called amex and the rep asked me to print out a current report showing the judgement was vacated and  no longer on my CR and asked me to fax the current report to 801-945-2884 Attn: Media with the denial reference code on it.  they said the recon would take 24-48 hours.  App portal updated this morning from denied to :

Date ReceivedCardStatus of ApplicationNext Step
07/31/13
AMERICAN EXPRESS PREFERRED REWARDS GREEN CARD
In Progress
We will notify you once your application has been processed, or if we need additional information. If you wish to view an electronic communication of your decision details once we have made a decision, click here

The information above is the latest we have regarding your application(s). If you don't see the Card(s) you applied for listed here, or if you have any questions, please call us at 1-866-314-0237 (Mon-Fri 6am-8pm MST).

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 3 of 7
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Check Innovis as well, just to be safe.

Banks do pull from that and customers always forget about Innovis.

The wrong info may be reported on Innovis.

A lot of times they just don't really care, and simply read off whatever the computer screen throws at them, which I think is what happened for you.

Thanks - I will contact them tomorrow.  I have reviewed all of my credit reports and nothing suspicious there.  However, a couple of years ago, I was in a jam when HSBC put  a fraud alert block on my Discover card after I used it out of town.  I could NOT answer the security questions, which they insisted came from my CR.   I kept saying, "That is impossible!  I have never had a mortgage!  How can I answer a security question about a mortgage I have never had?"   But it  got me thinking about how when I applied for a Walmart Card back in 2008, I was originally denied - and when I called in - I was asked security questions and one of them was about a previous address -   None of my addresses were on the list, but I recognized my X's address.  I chose that one  - and it was the correct address - but I told the woman, that I  NEVER lived at that address!   Once again, "It's on your credit report..."  But of course, I never saw it.

I do hope I can get this Innovis for free and dispute this stuff.  This is ridiculous!  I have enough real stuff on my CRs to deal with.  I do not want to have to deal with phantom stuff and stuff that belongs to someone with whom I NEVER want to again have any association!

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 4 of 7
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@bobbay wrote:

Had a similar problem, Denied, reason Legal item(s) called amex and the rep asked me to print out a current report showing the judgment was vacated and  no longer on my CR and asked me to fax the current report to 801-945-2884 Attn: Media with the denial reference code on it.  they said the recon would take 24-48 hours.  App portal updated this morning from denied to :

Date ReceivedCardStatus of ApplicationNext Step
07/31/13
AMERICAN EXPRESS PREFERRED REWARDS GREEN CARD
In Progress
We will notify you once your application has been processed, or if we need additional information. If you wish to view an electronic communication of your decision details once we have made a decision, click here

The information above is the latest we have regarding your application(s). If you don't see the Card(s) you applied for listed here, or if you have any questions, please call us at 1-866-314-0237 (Mon-Fri 6am-8pm MST).

Good luck with that.  If they are going to use other reporting agencies to make these decisions - based on wrong info sometimes - they should at least let you know from where they are getting this info.    My reports show that they pulled Experian - and that is what I am going by.  On the phone, I stated, "My Experian says....."  Not once did anyone say, "We used  something else...."  Whatever the case is - I am locking down every damn thing by Friday - and gardening.  I really do not like so many people accessing and reporting my info.  I saw like 10 SPs from something called Consumer Info Inc., Consumer info/inc 4 question, Consumerinfoinc.com ... all sorts of ways of listing it.  When I typed in consumerinfoinc.com, that took me directly to the Experian website.  I have no idea what any of this means, but I do not like it!

Good luck on the AMEX - 

Message 5 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Consumerinfo is the CMS arm of experian. If you have any CMS provided by experian, it usually shows up as well. Some of Consumerinfo companies include free credit score, experian.com services, etc.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 7
bobbay
Established Contributor

Well I got the same answer.  Declined reason Legal item... there is no legal item that i can see in my report and the service rep could only say look at the letter and check your credit file....basically said re app or go away.  Credit file has no legal items that i see, did have a judgement that was vacated and the Reporting companies all removed.  denial... Legal item(s)

now what?   Seems I'm in the same boat.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.