cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appeal Visa Platinum Rejection? (pre-approved)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appeal Visa Platinum Rejection? (pre-approved)

This is my first post, so forgive me if this question has already been answered, I just could not locate any posts about the same situation when searching through the forum.

I recently responded to a pre-approved offer from Trustmark National Bank (the largest local bank in my city), which I have been a member of for the last seven years.  The card on offer was a Visa Platinum with 0% on purchases and balance transfers for the first six billing cycles--I had planned to transfer some of my high APR Amex debt and pay off the new card within three months, depending on its credit limit.  However, I received a rejection letter, although I was supposedly pre-qualified (I wouldn't have taken the inquiry otherwise), stating that my revolving debt is too highand there are derogatory marks on my report (i.e., one late payment of $30 to a GE store card that was supposedly closed, according to my statements--but that;s another story).  I have been making large payments on all of my accounts to fix my revolving debt and the purpose of this card was also to that end, but now my credit score has taken an 11 point hit and I don't have anything to show for it.  I have seen phone numbers to call for reconsideration of Amex, Chase, etc denials, but nothing for Visa--indeed, I'm not even sure whether I should be trying to find a number for Visa or for the bank.  I just want to turn this rejection around, even if I'm only approved for a very small limit.  The EXP score included in my rejection letter was 700, though my TransUnion (after this inquiry) is now 648, with ten years on my oldest account.  Can anyone give me some advice on who to contact about reconsidering my application?  Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Appeal Visa Platinum Rejection? (pre-approved)

Welcome to the forum. Visa is only the network that Trustmark or any bank that offers Visa cards uses. Unfortunately pre qualified and pre approved are not one and the same. You will have to contact the bank to see if you can get the denial reversed. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Appeal Visa Platinum Rejection? (pre-approved)

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the denial.  The backdoor numbers listed are for the card issuer.  I'm not familiar with your bank but you should have information related to their issuer on your rejection letter.

Also, you indicated two different credit scores, did they pull Ex and TU?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.