cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appears to be a lot of disgruntled Chase customers over the past few weeks.........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appears to be a lot of disgruntled Chase customers over the past few weeks.........

I don't want to pee them off since I like having both CSP and the RC card.  Now have 30% utilization on CSP and 45% Utilization on RC.  Would it still be better to PIF the CSP this mo.?  That would leave me with enough funds to pay down the RC to 35%.   My AMEX and all store cards have 0% util.  Venture has around 40% and DCU has around 35%.  Another option is to must get all my balance cards util to under 30%.  Don't know what to do?  Any suggestions are certainly appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Appears to be a lot of disgruntled Chase customers over the past few weeks.........

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't want to pee them off since I like having both CSP and the RC card.  Now have 30% utilization on CSP and 45% Utilization on RC.  Would it still be better to PIF the CSP this mo.?  That would leave me with enough funds to pay down the RC to 35%.   My AMEX and all store cards have 0% util.  Venture has around 40% and DCU has around 35%.  Another option is to must get all my balance cards util to under 30%.  Don't know what to do?  Any suggestions are certainly appreciated.

Not really clear how the above paragraph, essentially a question and request for recommendations, has to do with your title about "disgruntled Chase customers over the past few weeks..."  Are you disgruntled about something having to do with your Chase cards?  It's not really clear...

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Appears to be a lot of disgruntled Chase customers over the past few weeks.........

That's a tough one. I know there has been a few reports lately of Chase balance chasing people due to a sudden spike in utilization across cards (i'm assuming not just Chase's cards, but all other cards as well). I know I've read that it's best not to go above 30% util on any card, so perhaps the best solution is to use the money to get all of your cards under 30% first, and then work on getting Chase's cards PIF.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your title is very misleading... If you need help in figuring out utilization, then it should state that.  Unless, you want another long chase venting customers on the thread.  

To answer your question, your utilization on the cards are not bad.  I think you are worrying for nothing but if you have the moeny to pay, then pay it off. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thom02099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not really clear how the above paragraph, essentially a question and request for recommendations, has to do with your title about "disgruntled Chase customers over the past few weeks..."  Are you disgruntled about something having to do with your Chase cards?  It's not really clear...

What I meant Thom is that I have read several comments (more than several but probably the term "many" is, perhaps, hyperbole) on how Chase policies have recently changed to customers' disadvantage.  Since I obtained 2 Chase cards (not yet 6 mos old), I am looking for the most expedient way to protect these accts from AA from Chase.  Please feel free to ask me for more clarification if this doesn't help.  And I'm not disgruntled (KEY -- nor do I wish to be in the future).

Message 5 of 11
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What I meant Thom is that I have read several comments (more than several but probably the term "many" is, perhaps, hyperbole) on how Chase policies have recently changed to customers' disadvantage.  Since I obtained 2 Chase cards (not yet 6 mos old), I am looking for the most expedient way to protect these accts from AA from Chase.  Please feel free to ask me for more clarification if this doesn't help.  And I'm not disgruntled (KEY -- nor do I wish to be in the future).

Thank you for the clarification; that does explain your reference, though it wasn't noted in your first post.  As others commented, you util is not really out of line.  If you have the funds to PIF, then that would be a good course of action. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the negative effects of utilization from a banks perspective probably has a lot to do with available credit. Big difference if its 300 on a 1000 CL vs 3000 on a 10000 CL. If it the former I wouldn't worry to much.
Message 7 of 11
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think the negative effects of utilization from a banks perspective probably has a lot to do with available credit. Big difference if its 300 on a 1000 CL vs 3000 on a 10000 CL. If it the former I wouldn't worry to much.

True. I also think it's the balances carried over time and how much. High balances over a long period of time makes banks nervous that they won't get their money. It's okay to max a card out once in awhile if you will PIF or have 0%. It's doing it for a long time and only making minimum payments with multiple cards that might trigger AA. I believe (at least with the big banks) it's the computer monitoring and if something in the algorithims trips it, it's auto CLD. A human reviewing it if you call and ask for your lines to be reinstated, can look at it and listen to your case. Even if you get AA, don't take it personally; it's the computer and upon human review, things can be changed. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 8 of 11
Bman70
Established Contributor

Careful, people are edgy around here and may become enraged at even the suggestion of disgruntlement. Lol.. KIDDING! I understood what you meant: That given the (apparently) unfavorable new Chase behaviors, you don't want to incur their wrath. (Chase's wrath, that is, not any disgruntled people's. None of us are disgruntled. Smiley Happy )

p.s. your plan sounds like what I would do: pay off CSP and Ritz to 35%. If you have the funds, why not.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 9 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Regardless of whether or not there have been recent Chase threads lower utilization is generally better.  Generaly advice is do not exceed 30% so if you're at 30% and higher on cards then get them down.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.