Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?

tag
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?

Just apped Discover Motiva with TU of 677.  Is this a denial or do they actual need further processing? Smiley Sad

Thank You for Your ApplicationDiscover® Motiva Card Date Submitted: 6/11/2009

Your application is being processed. We have received your information but need to perform additional processing before we can provide you with a decision. You will hear from us within 30 days of your application being submitted.

Please check back in the future to get an update on the status of your application.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?

@msheresy wrote:

Just apped Discover Motiva with TU of 677.  Is this a denial or do they actual need further processing? Smiley Sad

Thank You for Your ApplicationDiscover® Motiva Card Date Submitted: 6/11/2009

Your application is being processed. We have received your information but need to perform additional processing before we can provide you with a decision. You will hear from us within 30 days of your application being submitted.

Please check back in the future to get an update on the status of your application.

i got the same msg when i applied in dec.  i called to check my status: approved.

they pulled TU i think i had a 687 which was prolly on the low side for discover.  they also soft pulled EQ which was low 700s.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 16
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Do you know what number you called and how long did you wait before calling?

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same message when I applied for the More card last month.  About a week later, they called to ask questions about income, then about 2 weeks after that, I got the approval email.

Message 4 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

@msheresy wrote:

Do you know what number you called and how long did you wait before calling?

think i called the morning after app. i just dialed 1-800-discover

they also have an online status check: 

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/displayStatusRequest?vcmpgn=discovercard_com_simplify

Message 5 of 16
msheresy
Regular Contributor

I've been checking the online status check every few minutes Smiley Indifferent and it says the same thing.
Message 6 of 16
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Ok, I just called 1800 Discover and they still dont have an answer.  The nice man said to call back later today or tomorrow and they should have a status.  This is going to drive me CRAZY!!!!!

I guess it can be a good thing that i'm not already denied but I've been wanting a Discover for soooooo loooongg!!!!! 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the typical initial credit line provided by Discover?

I just dumped my 4.5yo Cap1 card last week and I am planning on apping a couple of new cards next month. I was thinking Citi & Discover.

Message 8 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just dumped my 4.5yo Cap1 card last week and I am planning on apping a couple of new cards next month. I was thinking Citi & Discover.

There is no "typical", but Discover is not know for large initial credit lines. Normally $2K would be pretty good and $2K to $5K highish. Over $5K is rare. Mine was $8.1K and that is very exceptional. To a certain extent it is going to depend on the income you report and what your other reporting CL's are. Make sure you otherwise meet Discovers credit profile before you app to avoid wasting an inquiry.

Message 9 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There is no "typical", but Discover is not know for large initial credit lines. Normally $2K would be pretty good and $2K to $5K highish. Over $5K is rare. Mine was $8.1K and that is very exceptional. To a certain extent it is going to depend on the income you report and what your other reporting CL's are. Make sure you otherwise meet Discovers credit profile before you app to avoid wasting an inquiry.

+1

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.