cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?

Regular Contributor

Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?

Just apped Discover Motiva with TU of 677.  Is this a denial or do they actual need further processing? Smiley Sad

 

 

 

Thank You for Your ApplicationDiscover® Motiva Card Date Submitted: 6/11/2009

Your application is being processed. We have received your information but need to perform additional processing before we can provide you with a decision. You will hear from us within 30 days of your application being submitted.

Please check back in the future to get an update on the status of your application.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?


msheresy wrote:

Just apped Discover Motiva with TU of 677.  Is this a denial or do they actual need further processing? Smiley Sad

 

 

 

Thank You for Your ApplicationDiscover® Motiva Card Date Submitted: 6/11/2009

Your application is being processed. We have received your information but need to perform additional processing before we can provide you with a decision. You will hear from us within 30 days of your application being submitted.

Please check back in the future to get an update on the status of your application.

i got the same msg when i applied in dec.  i called to check my status: approved.

 

they pulled TU i think i had a 687 which was prolly on the low side for discover.  they also soft pulled EQ which was low 700s.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 16
Regular Contributor

Re: Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?

Do you know what number you called and how long did you wait before calling?

 

Message 3 of 16
New Contributor

Re: Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?

I got the same message when I applied for the More card last month.  About a week later, they called to ask questions about income, then about 2 weeks after that, I got the approval email.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
5/31/09 - 736 - EQ
Message 4 of 16
Senior Contributor

Re: Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?


msheresy wrote:

Do you know what number you called and how long did you wait before calling?

 


think i called the morning after app. i just dialed 1-800-discover

 

they also have an online status check: 

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/displayStatusRequest?vcmpgn=discovercard_com_simplify

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 16
Regular Contributor

Re: Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?

I've been checking the online status check every few minutes Smiley Indifferent and it says the same thing.
Message 6 of 16
Regular Contributor

Re: Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?

Ok, I just called 1800 Discover and they still dont have an answer.  The nice man said to call back later today or tomorrow and they should have a status.  This is going to drive me CRAZY!!!!!

 

I guess it can be a good thing that i'm not already denied but I've been wanting a Discover for soooooo loooongg!!!!! 

Message 7 of 16
Established Member

Re: Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?

What is the typical initial credit line provided by Discover?

 

I just dumped my 4.5yo Cap1 card last week and I am planning on apping a couple of new cards next month. I was thinking Citi & Discover.

Message 8 of 16
Senior Contributor

Re: Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?


sparks4u wrote:

What is the typical initial credit line provided by Discover?

 

I just dumped my 4.5yo Cap1 card last week and I am planning on apping a couple of new cards next month. I was thinking Citi & Discover.


There is no "typical", but Discover is not know for large initial credit lines. Normally $2K would be pretty good and $2K to $5K highish. Over $5K is rare. Mine was $8.1K and that is very exceptional. To a certain extent it is going to depend on the income you report and what your other reporting CL's are. Make sure you otherwise meet Discovers credit profile before you app to avoid wasting an inquiry.

Message 9 of 16
Senior Contributor

Re: Apped Discover - Processing? Denial?


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

sparks4u wrote:

What is the typical initial credit line provided by Discover?

 

I just dumped my 4.5yo Cap1 card last week and I am planning on apping a couple of new cards next month. I was thinking Citi & Discover.


There is no "typical", but Discover is not know for large initial credit lines. Normally $2K would be pretty good and $2K to $5K highish. Over $5K is rare. Mine was $8.1K and that is very exceptional. To a certain extent it is going to depend on the income you report and what your other reporting CL's are. Make sure you otherwise meet Discovers credit profile before you app to avoid wasting an inquiry.


+1

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 16