Reply
New Contributor
Duplex
Posts: 74
Registered: ‎03-24-2009
0

Apped Walmart over a week ago - Still under review!

So I apped Walmart and got the 7-10 day message over  a week ago.  I havent heard anything since then, so I called today to find out the status.  The CSR said the application was under a manual review and it could take up to 30 days for a decision.  I was like wow, for a Walmart card?!?  Is this typical?
New Contributor
Duplex
Posts: 74
Registered: ‎03-24-2009
0

Re: Apped Walmart over a week ago - Still under review!

I called yesterday to find out what was going on because I figured they should have made a decision by now.  The CSR says that they cant find my application and that I would have to apply again.  I give up.....
Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Apped Walmart over a week ago - Still under review!


Duplex wrote:
I called yesterday to find out what was going on because I figured they should have made a decision by now.  The CSR says that they cant find my application and that I would have to apply again.  I give up.....

Do not apply again.   If you got the 7-10 day message they received it.  That would be another ding to your FICO score if you submit another app.    

Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Apped Walmart over a week ago - Still under review!


Duplex wrote:
So I apped Walmart and got the 7-10 day message over  a week ago.  I havent heard anything since then, so I called today to find out the status.  The CSR said the application was under a manual review and it could take up to 30 days for a decision.  I was like wow, for a Walmart card?!?  Is this typical?

Getting approved for a Wal-Mart card or Wal-Mart endorsed Discover card is like getting approved for an AMEX.  Wal-Mart is a major company.  The value of its cards is just as good as an AMEX Costco.

New Contributor
Duplex
Posts: 74
Registered: ‎03-24-2009
0

Re: Apped Walmart over a week ago - Still under review!

Thanks for the reply DI.

 

I'm not going to app again.  I think I'm just going to let what I have age and try again next year.

Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Apped Walmart over a week ago - Still under review!


Duplex wrote:

Thanks for the reply DI.

 

I'm not going to app again.  I think I'm just going to let what I have age and try again next year.


Welcome.  If you don't already have a Discover More card- next time you app, you would be better off apping for that card.  Good luck!!


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}