cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apped for Amazon visa rewards card.....

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: [UPDATE] Apped for Amazon visa rewards card.....

@black_citi wrote:

Well, I called Chase's backdoor number. No luck. Smiley Sad They told me that although they did take into consideration my settled account, he said it was other reasons as well that kept me from getting a card from them. He said I can try back when I fix the problems on my repot when it gets here in about 7 days. 

I already have 2 cc's. One from Merrick Bank $0/1400 CL, 8 months old, and the other a Citi Diamond $420/1000 CL, 2 months old. That Citi will be paid off completely at the end of this month. I have to wait til the statement cuts in before I pay it though. That may be another reason Chase denied me. I actually destroyed my Merrick Card a month ago since I don't need it any more but I wanted another card from a major bank to use specifically for gas. When I called Merrick for a replacement since I am already a member and there would be no need for a HP, they told me its a $15 charge to send a new one. No thank you.  I bit the bullet, took the HP, and I apped with BoA, and got approved for their Visa CC with a $500 limit. That'll work lol. Smiley Happy As soon as I get it, I will cancel Merrick and just keep my Citi and BoA cards. I've had about 5 other CC's in the past. All in good standing except for that one Chase card.

Congrats on the BoA card!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 15
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Ah dang, if you were going to app for something else, I would have STRONGLY suggested Sallie Mae 5% CB on first $250/month of gas AND groceries.. plus the first $750 of Amazon purchases (bookstores).
Congrats on your new BoA CC! It will grow with you, for sure! Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 15
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
Ah dang, if you were going to app for something else, I would have STRONGLY suggested Sallie Mae 5% CB on first $250/month of gas AND groceries.. plus the first $750 of Amazon purchases (bookstores).

+1 Congrats OP!

Message 13 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I don't think you were denied because your account was charged off. You were denied because of your short credit history. Wait until your accounts hit one and you have no balances reporting.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 15
black_citi
Established Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

Oh no, yea I forgot you mentioned that to me. I was so sad and hurt I got denied by Chase that I was only thinking about one other bank and that was boa. And whats sad is that the card I got from them don't offer any rewards. I wonder if I call can they still offer me a rewards card with the same CL without another HP?

Make More, Spend Less
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.