Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping Discover same day as Auto purchase

tag
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Apping Discover same day as Auto purchase

I want a Discover It card. Right now in my arsenal I don't have a card that gives a FICO score. I'm making a big auto purchase next month, so I don't want the inquiries/TL before that, but I'm thinking of apping for the card the same day after I sign the papers on my new S class. What you guys think of that? Will Discover see the new inq's and TL if I app same day? And even if they did, would it matter.....??

On my file I have 6 cards with 100K limit. Uti 1% with only 1 card reporting balance. I'm a primary on 3 and an AU on 3......and the way FICO is heading, AU's won't mean much in the future FICO models, so I need to have 5 cards I'm a primary on. Thinking of adding the 4th now....

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Apping Discover same day as Auto purchase

for autoloan do you already know who you will get your loan from or are you going to have your dealer check for the best rates? That could result in multiple inquries on all 3 CB

I personally do the discover card first as your car loan probably wont care you have a inqury from Discover

Message 2 of 5
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

for autoloan do you already know who you will get your loan from or are you going to have your dealer check for the best rates? That could result in multiple inquries on all 3 CB

I personally do the discover card first as your car loan probably wont care you have a inqury from Discover

Good points about the multiple inquiries. That's what I was wondering....if Discover will even see the auto inq's on the same day. When an inq is done, is it "instantly" on the report that same hour?

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 3 of 5
john398
Senior Contributor

@Kratos-TM wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Good points about the multiple inquiries. That's what I was wondering....if Discover will even see the auto inq's on the same day. When an inq is done, is it "instantly" on the report that same hour?

pretty much instantly

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@john398 wrote:

@Kratos-TM wrote:

@john398 wrote:

pretty much instantly

+1

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.