Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping With Chase

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Apping With Chase

A few questions for my friends in FICOland.Smiley Happy

Is it true we can only app for new CCs with Chase online now? Two CSRs told me this is the case.

When looking over the app online at Chase, there doesn't seem to be any way to app for a joint account. Is Chase still accepting joint apps?

On three different occasions, I was told by Chase that they can no longer covert cards. We must apply for any new card we want. Tell me this isn't so.Smiley Sad

I was told if the initial CL on the new card is too small, we (or I) could take a portion of our CL from our older Chase card and add it to the new card to increase its CL. Does anyone know if Chase will really do this?

I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apping With Chase

@fused wrote:

On three different occasions, I was told by Chase that they can no longer covert cards. We must apply for any new card we want. Tell me this isn't so.Smiley Sad

I know this isn't true as I called in for a product change from my Freedom to Sapphire and was approved. No pull and no new app.

Message 2 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

I know this isn't true as I called in for a product change from my Freedom to Sapphire and was approved. No pull and no new app.

Cool! How long ago did you do that?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

About two weeks ago.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Is it true we can only app for new CCs with Chase online now? Two CSRs told me this is the case."

Nope, for those in the military environment you can walk into the PX and apply for the Military Star Chase Rewards at customer service. You can only add authorized users to that card.

I never tried to convert any of my Chase cards so I can't comment on that.

Message 5 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you folks!!!!!

Message 6 of 9
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I was told by a chase representative several months ago, that the only way to do a PC without an invitation to do so is to apply for a new card. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 7 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm....it looks like I'll have to call Chase again and speak with a decision-maker and not some CSR punching bag. I'll post my results.

Message 8 of 9
hemi961
Regular Contributor

They are like every other bank, they will always convert if it is in their best interest. A number of people report that their regular cards are getting converted to signature cards even though they don't want the change. However, if those same individuals had requested the change they might have been told it wasn't possible. I have a Freedom Plus card and called last week to see which cards I could change to in case they write to tell me my card is being discontinued. I was given several options. So I know they are still doing conversions when they feel like it.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.