Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping for BofA 99/500

tag
jay33
Valued Member

Apping for BofA 99/500

Anyone know what BofA pulls for the Platinum Visa?  I live in TX and was wondering before I went through the app process, to try and get the 99/500.

Thanks.

EQ 581 EX 625 TU 550
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
jay33
Valued Member

Re: Apping for BofA 99/500

bump
Message 2 of 13
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

They usually pull EX I think.  I'm in Georgia and that's what they use here.

07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 3 of 13
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

My research shows they pull TU in Texas...
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Texas and they pulled EX for me. 
Message 5 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jay33 wrote:
Anyone know what BofA pulls for the Platinum Visa?  I live in TX and was wondering before I went through the app process, to try and get the 99/500.

Thanks.

EQ 581 EX 625 TU 550

99% of the time EX. FYI...you'll get hit with two hard pulls on the Plat Plus and again on the 99/500 if offered. But card is worth it. You can also get the 99/500 offer off more than just the Platinum Plus.
Message 6 of 13
jay33
Valued Member

99% of the time EX. FYI...you'll get hit with two hard pulls on the Plat Plus and again on the 99/500 if offered. But card is worth it. You can also get the 99/500 offer off more than just the Platinum Plus.
Thanks for the info.  Why 2 hard pulls for the Plat Plus? 
Which other CC can I app for to get the 99/500 option?

Sorry for all the questions.  I just want to be sure I do this the right way.

Thanks.

EQ 581 EX 625 TU 550
Message 7 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jay33 wrote:

Thanks for the info.  Why 2 hard pulls for the Plat Plus? 
Which other CC can I app for to get the 99/500 option?

Sorry for all the questions.  I just want to be sure I do this the right way.

Thanks.

EQ 581 EX 625 TU 550

You get a hard pull for the first CC app. You then get a second inquiry once you respond to their second offer.

I had appd for a BofA 3rd party CC and was instantly denied. I then app for the Plat Plus but was denied but immediately counter-offered the Plat Plus 99/500. I print those forms and procrastinate. So, inquiry count is 2. I then get a 99/500 offer in the mail for the first app. That was the card I wanted (better rewards/bonuses). So I accept it and take care of payment via my checking acct info. That produced inquiry #3. The day after the first counter-offer arrived in the mail, I get the second. I sit on it for a while to make sure the first goes through OK, which it did, and finally send it in for the Plat Plus. So, inquiry #4.

I was approved for the counter-offer I wanted but denied on the second becuase "I had sufficient credit with them". In other words, you cannot have another card outside of the 99/500.

Outside of Plat Plus and the card I have (not on their site), I've read that Worldpoints will counter with a 99/500 if denied, and it seems like I read of yet another card. Slips me at the moment....maybe Americard?

Whatever card you get, fully secured, 99/500, or unsecured, you cannot go wrong.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello

Opened a checking account last week at B of A, also applied for the same card

gotten turned down.

received the 99/500 offer today, filled out and sent it out ASAP

I will be happy to receive a B of A  CC,  like you FICO wizards state it looks great

on the CRA, lol. they pulled EXP and TU

Thanks ALL.

By the way FCNB has removed the charge-off on EQ and TU cant wait till it removes it from EXP

EQ score is 669      TU is 677

EXP will pull when they remove charge off.

Message Edited by ohboy on 05-12-2008 07:36 PM

Message Edited by ohboy on 05-12-2008 07:37 PM
Message 9 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ohboy wrote:
hello

Opened a checking account last week at B of A, also applied for the same card

gotten turned down.

received the 99/500 offer today, filled out and sent it out ASAP

I will be happy to receive a B of A  CC,  like you FICO wiards state it looks great

on the CRA, lol

Thanks ALL.

By the way FCNB has removed the charge-off on EQ and TU cant wait till it removes it from EXP

EQ score is 669      TU is 677

EXP will pull when they remove charge off.

Check EX frequently. It will pop on there first, even up to a week before you get your card.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.