Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

Good Luck!Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 45
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

I think your bk is too new to apply. If your initially denied and send them a message they will HP you an additional time there's also a possibility they will pull tu additionally so 3 hp's and they might start you out @ 1000 limit. Sure they are generous and lately they have been crazy with initial limits but they won't approve everybody and some people don't seem to understand that.

Good luck Op let us know the results
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 45
miltolam
Valued Member

@rootpooty wrote:
@I think your bk is too new to apply. If your initially denied and send them a message they will HP you an additional time there's also a possibility they will pull tu additionally so 3 hp's and they might start you out @ 1000 limit. Sure they are generous and lately they have been crazy with initial limits but they won't approve everybody and some people don't seem to understand that.

Just giving everyone an update, I apped yesterday afternoon and was given the "3-5 days wait" still no decision as of yet. I pulled my EQ score/report on her...low and behold, NFCU pulled my EQ CR however, my score was unaffected (thanks God)...660 still it is Smiley LOL

I'm going to prep my "recon" letter tonight and gather pay stubs just in case. If all goes well, I think this can have a huge impact on my credit...Keeping fingers crossed!!!

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 45
aloush11
Regular Contributor

I have alot of faith in NFCU! Have you called to see if they needed any  verification of income or anything else like that? IMO you should call once just to see if they needed verifiaction of anything, then they could continue to process the application without having to wait for snail mail or even an email for you to return. 

Message 14 of 45
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:
@I think your bk is too new to apply. If your initially denied and send them a message they will HP you an additional time there's also a possibility they will pull tu additionally so 3 hp's and they might start you out @ 1000 limit. Sure they are generous and lately they have been crazy with initial limits but they won't approve everybody and some people don't seem to understand that.

i got to agree with ROOT on this one. your BK is still really fresh and that may be the main reason for denial. if you recon they will HP you again and still may deny u.  if recon is succesfull they will probably start you out with a toy limit and you may NOT be eligible for CLI's or at least not for a very long time. but BEST oF LUCK to you OP

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 45
miltolam
Valued Member

Awww c'mon fellas, where's the optimism and support here??? I said the BK was filed 5/2011, not 5/2012. Anyway, I'm going to call today when I get to work to see if they need anything else as aloush suggested. Will keep you posted, thank you. Say a prayer for me!

Message 16 of 45
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Im sorry, im not trying to be pessimistic. I was just trying to give you an idea of what "might" happen. NFCU is awesome and hopefully you"ll get all the credit you needSmiley Wink goodluck

Message 17 of 45
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Keeping fingers crossed for ya!!

Message 18 of 45
miltolam
Valued Member

@gettnthere wrote:
Im sorry, im not trying to be pessimistic. I was just trying to give you an idea of what "might" happen. NFCU is awesome and hopefully you"ll get all the credit you needSmiley Wink goodluck

@I know @Anonymous...just pulling your leg a lil bit, LOL. I'm on the edge of my seat because as I said before, this could have a huge positive impact on my credit future. Just to sum it up, my credit was perfect at one point up until a motorcycle accident. I was clipped from behind by a motorist texting. From there, everything just went downhill. After I was physically able to return to work, it was so hard for me to catch up. Thus, I filed chapter 7 almost a year and half ago. Now, I am financailly stable and making over 70k/yr. I have never been late or had any baddies post bankruptcy. In fact, my utilization as of today is 5%. I have prepped a recon letter explaining all of this more into details. I also have my paystubs on standby just in case. I hope all of these factors are considered in determining my outcome...Prayers are up!!!

Message 19 of 45
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

If you have online access you can send that stuff while it is in review. I sent an explanation through my messages when I applied.
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.