Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping for NFCU cc today...

tag
miltolam
Valued Member

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

@jordanmedical wrote:
If you have online access you can send that stuff while it is in review. I sent an explanation through my messages when I applied.

@Jordan What was the end results, how long did it take, and what was your scores at the time if you don't mind me asking...share your testimony my friend, LOL.

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 45
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

2 days, and my approval info is in my nfcu thread. You can get to it by clicking my name to see my last couple posts. 

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 45
Crashem
Valued Contributor

How did you qualify for nfcu?  If active duty, it makes a difference.  And did you blow out nfcu inbankruptcy?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 23 of 45
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

Milt what happen...did you ever send the additional info? Are they still reviewing you initial info?

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 24 of 45
miltolam
Valued Member

@AvaMommy wrote:

Milt what happen...did you ever send the additional info? Are they still reviewing you initial info?

@AvaMommy, I'm doing it in a few. I called in and apped Tues afternoon. Why, have you applied yet? If so, share your experience. Thx

Message 25 of 45
Crashem
Valued Contributor

NFCU is BK friendly.  While your scores are fine for NFCU, the question revolves around timing of BK.  Don't know that NFCU has hard set rule about years out of BK before lending that many other institutions have.  Never heard answer on your method of joining NFCU as military related helps from what I have seen.  Also did you blow out NFCU during your bankruptcy?

Message 26 of 45
miltolam
Valued Member

@Crashem wrote:

NFCU is BK friendly.  While your scores are fine for NFCU, the question revolves around timing of BK.  Don't know that NFCU has hard set rule about years out of BK before lending that many other institutions have.  Never heard answer on your method of joining NFCU as military related helps from what I have seen.  Also did you blow out NFCU during your bankruptcy?

@Crashem....I'm not in the military. I got in through a relative of mines. No, I did not have NFCU at the time of filing. I've been with them for 5mo. now. I have a checking and saving set up with $100 dd on the 15th and 31st of each mo.

Message 27 of 45
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@Milt not a member of NFCU but I will be joining the ranks! I am prior military and I bank with USAA and PENFED. USAA is too conservative for me! Looking for a CU (USAA isnt) that is open to previous mistakes. Good Luck and inform the forum your results  

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 28 of 45
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@miltolam wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

@Crashem....I'm not in the military. I got in through a relative of mines. No, I did not have NFCU at the time of filing. I've been with them for 5mo. now. I have a checking and saving set up with $100 dd on the 15th and 31st of each mo.

The DD should help.  Let us know what happens.  I think you have good chance.

Message 29 of 45
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:
If you have online access you can send that stuff while it is in review. I sent an explanation through my messages when I applied.

+1 i recommend this OP if you havent done that already

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.