Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 46
Registered: ‎07-29-2012
0

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...


jordanmedical wrote:
If you have online access you can send that stuff while it is in review. I sent an explanation through my messages when I applied.

@jordan What was the end results, how long did it take, and what was your scores at the time if you don't mind me asking...share your testimony my friend, LOL.

 


Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 1,011
Registered: ‎04-08-2012
0

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

2 days, and my approval info is in my nfcu thread. You can get to it by clicking my name to see my last couple posts. 

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

How did you qualify for nfcu?  If active duty, it makes a difference.  And did you blow out nfcu inbankruptcy?

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 297
Registered: ‎08-08-2012
0

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

Milt what happen...did you ever send the additional info? Are they still reviewing you initial info?

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Valued Member
Posts: 46
Registered: ‎07-29-2012
0

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

[ Edited ]

AvaMommy wrote:

Milt what happen...did you ever send the additional info? Are they still reviewing you initial info?


@AvaMommy, I'm doing it in a few. I called in and apped Tues afternoon. Why, have you applied yet? If so, share your experience. Thx

 


Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

NFCU is BK friendly.  While your scores are fine for NFCU, the question revolves around timing of BK.  Don't know that NFCU has hard set rule about years out of BK before lending that many other institutions have.  Never heard answer on your method of joining NFCU as military related helps from what I have seen.  Also did you blow out NFCU during your bankruptcy?

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Member
Posts: 46
Registered: ‎07-29-2012
0

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...


Crashem wrote:

NFCU is BK friendly.  While your scores are fine for NFCU, the question revolves around timing of BK.  Don't know that NFCU has hard set rule about years out of BK before lending that many other institutions have.  Never heard answer on your method of joining NFCU as military related helps from what I have seen.  Also did you blow out NFCU during your bankruptcy?


@Crashem....I'm not in the military. I got in through a relative of mines. No, I did not have NFCU at the time of filing. I've been with them for 5mo. now. I have a checking and saving set up with $100 dd on the 15th and 31st of each mo.

 


Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 297
Registered: ‎08-08-2012
0

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

@Milt not a member of NFCU but I will be joining the ranks! I am prior military and I bank with USAA and PENFED. USAA is too conservative for me! Looking for a CU (USAA isnt) that is open to previous mistakes. Good Luck and inform the forum your results  

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...


miltolam wrote:

Crashem wrote:

NFCU is BK friendly.  While your scores are fine for NFCU, the question revolves around timing of BK.  Don't know that NFCU has hard set rule about years out of BK before lending that many other institutions have.  Never heard answer on your method of joining NFCU as military related helps from what I have seen.  Also did you blow out NFCU during your bankruptcy?


@Crashem....I'm not in the military. I got in through a relative of mines. No, I did not have NFCU at the time of filing. I've been with them for 5mo. now. I have a checking and saving set up with $100 dd on the 15th and 31st of each mo.

 


The DD should help.  Let us know what happens.  I think you have good chance.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,772
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...


jordanmedical wrote:
If you have online access you can send that stuff while it is in review. I sent an explanation through my messages when I applied.

+1 i recommend this OP if you havent done that already

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.