cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping for NFCU cc today...

Contributor

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

Good luck. Things should be fine. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 31 of 45
Valued Member

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...


A_Madel wrote:

Good luck. Things should be fine. Keeping fingers crossed for you.


***UPDATE, UPDATE***

 

OK everyone, I just got a text message notifying that I was approved. I contacted them to see if they needed additional information. The representative told me that I was approved for $2000 nRewards card. How do I feel....ehhh, I'm humbled but I was expecting at least 5k minimum. I have my recon letter here explaining my situation (motorcycle accident). Should I submit it and see if they will give me a CLI or just chill. Please advise everyone...I got it uploaded and ready to go. All I need to do now is just click the button. Thx in advance

 


Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 45
Regular Contributor

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

Firsts things first, Congrats! and Ive read ion a another thread that it will result in another HP. Do you know what CB they pulled already?

Message 33 of 45
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

Congrats Milt

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 34 of 45
Valued Member

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...


aloush11 wrote:

Firsts things first, Congrats! and Ive read ion a another thread that it will result in another HP. Do you know what CB they pulled already?


They pulled EQ and my score did not change either.


Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...


miltolam wrote:

A_Madel wrote:

Good luck. Things should be fine. Keeping fingers crossed for you.


***UPDATE, UPDATE***

 

OK everyone, I just got a text message notifying that I was approved. I contacted them to see if they needed additional information. The representative told me that I was approved for $2000 nRewards card. How do I feel....ehhh, I'm humbled but I was expecting at least 5k minimum. I have my recon letter here explaining my situation (motorcycle accident). Should I submit it and see if they will give me a CLI or just chill. Please advise everyone...I got it uploaded and ready to go. All I need to do now is just click the button. Thx in advance

 


congrats.  No harm in trying, but you should be thrilled.  You are barely one year out of bk.  Hardly any cards would approve you for any amount.  The 2k seems generous to me.  Doubt anyone would give 5k to someone who recently blew out their creditors and with minimal experience with credit afterwards.  The reality is they can't tell why you bk  so they need to be cautious.  Maybe send them last couple of paycheck stubs and reiterate your stability and bk a situational thing.  I would ask for specific amount during recon and I wouldn't recommend asking for 5k.   That would look ungrateful.  Just say maybe 3.5k as it would be enough for monthly expenses given your xx salary and how you hope to build history with them and prove yourself.  Ask for cli in 6 months to 1 year or maybe another card product to show multiple decent cl cards as I doubt anyone else will give you multi thousand cl in near future.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 36 of 45
Valued Member

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...


Crashem wrote:

miltolam wrote:

A_Madel wrote:

Good luck. Things should be fine. Keeping fingers crossed for you.


***UPDATE, UPDATE***

 

OK everyone, I just got a text message notifying that I was approved. I contacted them to see if they needed additional information. The representative told me that I was approved for $2000 nRewards card. How do I feel....ehhh, I'm humbled but I was expecting at least 5k minimum. I have my recon letter here explaining my situation (motorcycle accident). Should I submit it and see if they will give me a CLI or just chill. Please advise everyone...I got it uploaded and ready to go. All I need to do now is just click the button. Thx in advance

 


congrats.  No harm in trying, but you should be thrilled.  You are barely one year out of bk.  Hardly any cards would approve you for any amount.  The 2k seems generous to me.  Doubt anyone would give 5k to someone who recently blew out their creditors and with minimal experience with credit afterwards.  The reality is they can't tell why you bk  so they need to be cautious.  Maybe send them last couple of paycheck stubs and reiterate your stability and bk a situational thing.  I would ask for specific amount during recon and I wouldn't recommend asking for 5k.   That would look ungrateful.  Just say maybe 3.5k as it would be enough for monthly expenses given your xx salary and how you hope to build history with them and prove yourself.  Ask for cli in 6 months to 1 year or maybe another card product to show multiple decent cl cards as I doubt anyone else will give you multi thousand cl in near future.


@Crash, my BK discharged in May of last year so it has been more than a year. But I'm going to wait and see what anyone else has to say.

 


Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 45
Contributor

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

+1 Crash I totally agree.

 

It's easy to be disappointed. But, imagine how much more disappointed you would have been if the result was a denial. If you've read the other posts (and there are several), they are generous. They were willing to give you the opportunity. Take it one step at a time, build the relationship and re-evaluate in 6 - 12 months. I'm pretty sure that you'll get more of what you want - just enjoy the moment of success!

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 38 of 45
Valued Member

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...


A_Madel wrote:

+1 Crash I totally agree.

 

It's easy to be disappointed. But, imagine how much more disappointed you would have been if the result was a denial. If you've read the other posts (and there are several), they are generous. They were willing to give you the opportunity. Take it one step at a time, build the relationship and re-evaluate in 6 - 12 months. I'm pretty sure that you'll get more of what you want - just enjoy the moment of success!


You know what everyone...I'm going to chill out and be thankful for the oppotunity. My plan now is to wade in the Garden till March; I'm going to use this card for gas/grocery and pay it off every month. I'm also going to change the amount of my DD and have the entire check deposited to my NF checking account. Comes Feb 2013, I'm going to apply for a car loan thru them.

 

If my calculation is correct, this card should bring me closer to the 700 mark. Hopefully by Feb I will be over that on all three agencies. The timing for this couldn't have happened at a better time. Those 6 months give me time to save up more money for a down payment if need be. Thx for the support everyone, you guys are the best!

 


Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

With a recent bankruptcy (and even 3 years is considered recent), it really doesn't matter what your score is.  Hell for many lenders, any bankrutcpy is too recent and many have 5-7 year hard denial rules.  Few decent credit cards are willing to "take a chance" on you.  The result is that your more recent credit history ends up being playing with horrible credit cards with toy limits.  So becomes vicious cycle as you can't show use of decent CL cards and therefore, the few who will consider you so recently out of BK, won't give you anything but toy limits.  NFCU gives you chance to break that cycle. 

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 40 of 45