Apping for Zync, Delta and Discover More tomorrow. Questions

tag
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apping for Zync, Delta and Discover More tomorrow. Questions

@Anonymous wrote:

@doublespaces wrote:

*sigh*

Its funny, isn't it? Being someone whose frequented many forums for years, I've learned that forums are not useful when you ask good questions, yet they tell you to use the search when you ask any other question, lol.

Ouch, that's harsh, no?

Your question is a "Good" question but so are 99% of all the other questions asked here, and I like to think our answers/opinions/suggestions are useful.

It's that with your question, ""as good as it is"" it's quite a bit different than most questions asked around here.

So there may be quite a few members here who won't know accurate answers to your question, some will I'm sure but not all of us.

As with anything my post comes with its sarcasm. Just searching my posts you'll find a majority of them being very helpful especially in the rebuilding forum.

I'm just over 3 hours from December 1st, any ideas here? I guess all I can do is app, right?

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 11 of 16
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@doublespaces wrote:

So I just changed my last name. I also bought a house in september that has not been put in my credit report by Wells. I have a few factors going on: New name that doesn't match anything on my credit report, new address that doesn't match any past address and mortgage inquiries that don't reflect a mortgage yet.

First of all, I want to get instant approval so I don't want any of these things to stop that. If the application asks if I own my own house with a mortgage yet it isn't showing on my credit report what should I do there? Can I just use my old last name an old address and say I don't own a house? How can I prove that I do own the house without it being on my credit report? Tomorrow is application day because it marks the 13th month since my last late payment. Am I good as long as its the next day after the 12th month anniversary or do I need to wait until 12 months of reporting is reflected?

Also, I looked but couldn't find a solid answer, whats the best way to get one inquiry for a charge and credit product from visa? I've been told doing them in the same time frame etc but what is a tried and true strategy?

I can tell you this: I had my po box on my TU CR, in addition to street address. When I app'd for Barclay's, I needed to call their security dept. (NOT credit/underwriting) to confirm that I was who I said I was, because the info on my app was different than the info on my CR. (Tho both the POB and street add are on TU.) 

That said, if you use your old address, that is where they'll send your card.

Regarding your name change, you would probably need to submit ID info to prove you are who you say you are. If your CR says your name is John Smith, and you app under John Jones, they are going to want you to prove that you are, in fact, John Smith and that you have changed your name. 

If you have the docs for your name change, why not just wait for the CRAs to update. Send your name change docs to your CCs and CRAs and wait a month. It should all update. I think it would be *a lot* easier to just wait a month, rather than having to jump through all the potential hoops you'll need to, to get approved. 

I would also be concerned that if you submit a bunch of apps w/a different name, it might trigger an alert w/the CRAs. I'm not sure about this. I don't know how they work. But if the info doesn't match, it seems like it could make them think it a case of ID theft -- especially w/a bunch of apps all at once.

JMO! HTH. Good luck, whatever you decide. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 16
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

I would either wait until one of your current creditors starts reporting your new name, or apply using your old name. The names not matching will more likely than not kill any instant approval, if not any approval at all.

You may find one or more of your creditors reports almost immediatley after making the name change on your account. So you might not have to wait as long as you are thinking.

I would put "own" and your mortgage payment, whether or not it's currently reporting.

Message 13 of 16
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the last minute replies everyone! I'm actually going to call and see what I can do. I have an order from the court for the name change, I'll try to update everything as I go. if I get declined, it will take a month for it to all clear up anyway and then maybe I'll reapply then. I'll update tomorrow while I'm at work when I have more information after I've applied.

=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 14 of 16
clocktick
Valued Contributor

A mortgage not showing on your report should not affect you at all.  You could have inherited it, you could have paid cash for it, etc.  I own my home yet have no mortgages reporting on any of my reports.  This should not affect you with getting a card.  I believe you can change your address on your reports just like you can change your employer.  I don't know anything about name changes though, sorry.

Lastly, I wasn't clear on why you were waiting 13 months to app?  Was it so you could finish your mortgage dealings or...?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 16
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Its so that I could be more than 12 months since my last late mark on my credit file.

@clocktick wrote:

A mortgage not showing on your report should not affect you at all.  You could have inherited it, you could have paid cash for it, etc.  I own my home yet have no mortgages reporting on any of my reports.  This should not affect you with getting a card.  I believe you can change your address on your reports just like you can change your employer.  I don't know anything about name changes though, sorry.

Lastly, I wasn't clear on why you were waiting 13 months to app?  Was it so you could finish your mortgage dealings or...?

=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.