cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping for the Freedom post bankruptcy... Please post your results.

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Apping for the Freedom post bankruptcy... Please post your results.

A BK is not an automatic denial with Chase, but you will have to recon, and explain any large balances on CC, or high utilization. I would think you would be approved on recon as long as you have reestablished your credit with no lates, etc.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 11 of 12
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

Re: Apping for the Freedom post bankruptcy... Please post your results.

@compassion101 wrote:

First question on the chase app is:

Is your credit history clear from bankruptcies and/or seriously delinquent accounts?

YES my credit history is clear from bankruptcies and/or seriously delinquent accountsow

NO my credit history is not clear from bankruptcies and/or seriously delinquent accounts

Not saying it's impossible, but it seems pretty unlikey until the BK comes off. I have an 8yo BK and applied a year ago and was denied. I was able to backdoor a Freedom cause my WAMU account was transferred over and they did give me a PC to the Freedom when I requested it. But they won't match my largest credit lines of 5k, keeping me at 2600.

Wow....  That doesn't sound so promising.

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.