Established Contributor

Apping for two AMEX cards at the same time?

I want to apply for AMEX Delta Skymiles and the AMEX BCE, and I am planning on doing so on the same day sometime next month.

Hypothetically, if I am approved for one (Delta) will they use the same pull for the AMEX BCE, or will that be a separate inquiry and count as two hard pulls?

Does it matter if I app on the website or over the phone?

Any advice would be appreciated.

plus 6 other CC's
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Apping for two AMEX cards at the same time?

Dw4250 wrote:

I want to apply for AMEX Delta Skymiles and the AMEX BCE, and I am planning on doing so on the same day sometime next month.

Hypothetically, if I am approved for one (Delta) will they use the same pull for the AMEX BCE, or will that be a separate inquiry and count as two hard pulls?

Worked for me 2 cards 1 HP same day online....YMMV

+ Chase Ink =

Regular Contributor

Same here - 2 Cards, 1 HP online (I went for it at MJ) - goodluck if you go for it.

CK TU FAKO - 762, TU FICO - 781, EX Fako 734, EX FICO 764 - 3/29/2014
INQ: TU 4, EX 8, EQ 1 |
AMEX PRG (01/11), AMEX BCE (01/11): $2.5k, AMEX EDP (3/11): $6k Chase Freedom(07/13): $2k,
Barclay Arrival+ WMC (3/14): $6.3k, Barclays US Air MC (9/14): $2.5k, CSP (9/14): 12k
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

tornadoguy wrote:

Same here - 2 Cards, 1 HP online (I went for it at MJ) - goodluck if you go for it.

Lol

Yes you did I ran you out the garden to app again so you could get your 2 for 1 deal

+ Chase Ink =

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

myjourney wrote:

tornadoguy wrote:

Lol

Yes you did I ran you out the garden to app again so you could get your 2 for 1 deal

It was definitely at gunpoint :smileyvery-happy: And the resultant backdate made my scores go up, and meant I got an AAoA increase :smileywink:. Definitely worth trying to get the two for 1 though, while if you can't backdate it will hurt your AAoA, it should help with ageing inqs together. 

CK TU FAKO - 762, TU FICO - 781, EX Fako 734, EX FICO 764 - 3/29/2014
INQ: TU 4, EX 8, EQ 1 |
AMEX PRG (01/11), AMEX BCE (01/11): $2.5k, AMEX EDP (3/11): $6k Chase Freedom(07/13): $2k,
Barclay Arrival+ WMC (3/14): $6.3k, Barclays US Air MC (9/14): $2.5k, CSP (9/14): 12k
Established Contributor

Sounds great...thanks!  And they pull EX (FICO 08?) most of the time, correct?  Hope so b/c that's my best score currently...

plus 6 other CC's
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Worked for me! One HP(technically 3, due to my thin file, amex gave each buereau a Hard Pull!)  for 2 cards( GREEN BCP) same day!

LoL!

Established Contributor

Thanks David. Do you remember what your scores were at the time?

plus 6 other CC's
Regular Contributor

Dw4250 wrote:

Thanks David. Do you remember what your scores were at the time?

No score, I only got less than 1 month credit history. Only with 1 freedom reported on my reports. I applied the day when freedom got on my EX .

Valued Contributor

Dw4250 wrote:

It should only be one HP...the best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpsyharlvpo.jpg
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.