Apping online or by phone

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Apping online or by phone

@ramblinggirl wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@too-much-time wrote:

I seem to recall that it may make a difference whether your credit card application takes place online or by phone. Something about credit limit, hard inquiries or income specification. What's your take on it?

The only time I apped over phone was for Cash+ because you can't do it online.

The terms and conditions section takes longer if you're over phone because the rep needs to go over it.

Also, the initial wait over phone ... 

But yes, she immediately gave me the contact detail to their UW department because my app went for a 7-day verification process. Also, she told me that the system was "recommending" approval. I guess you generally don't get these responses online.

Never will I do an application over the phone. The rep read me the T & C-took about 15min. I napped during this part of application process.

I wish someone would read me my T's & C's, the print on those pages is too small.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@too-much-time wrote:

I seem to recall that it may make a difference whether your credit card application takes place online or by phone. Something about credit limit, hard inquiries or income specification. What's your take on it?

Does not matter.  Decisions are based on your credit and income.  Does using one method over the other change either of those?  Use whichever method you prefer.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blue, Id be so mad if discover had pulled EX on me. If anyone was borderline for them, it was me. Approved with a 637 EQ FICO.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.