cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Barclay CLI Question

tag
nebula21

Apple Barclay CLI Question

Hi All - new user...been reading the forums and learning a lot.  Have a question asking for a CLI.  I just got approved for an Apple Barclay card but would like to have it increased about $800 more for a purchase.  Calle the backdoor CSR number who passed it on to the credit analyst dept I believe.  They called me back  this morning and said no.  Would it be advisable to try calling them again?  Or just be happy they approved me to begin with?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Apple Barclay CLI Question

@nebula21 wrote:

Hi All - new user...been reading the forums and learning a lot.  Have a question asking for a CLI.  I just got approved for an Apple Barclay card but would like to have it increased about $800 more for a purchase.  Calle the backdoor CSR number who passed it on to the credit analyst dept I believe.  They called me back  this morning and said no.  Would it be advisable to try calling them again?  Or just be happy they approved me to begin with?

Yes call the back door number and talk to someone, did you call after hours or something, I have always spoke instantly with analyst.

Message 2 of 9
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@nebula21 wrote:

Of course you can try again. It really depends on what is in your report. If this is already your highest limit card you may meet some resistance. However, if your report indicates a higher loc somewhere else you shouldn't have a problem increasing the initial limit.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
iCoop
Regular Contributor

Yeah call them back as you should have been able to speak directly with someone who could change the CL instantly. I called right after my app and Barclay increased the CL three times its approved amount to match my highest card.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
nebula21

Thanks for the replies.  This would be my second card after a 2009 Ch 7 and my highest limit at $1,300.  I also have an HSBC card for $750.

Message 5 of 9
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Hey, call this number... 866-369-1283. A guy will pickup right away and go through a bunch of questions and ask how much the computer is that you want. I called last night after being declined online and he was able to approve me for $1500. If it is not enough to cover the entire purchase, they give you an option to pay with more than one card. Good luck!

Message 6 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Lambo23 wrote:

Hey, call this number... 866-369-1283. A guy will pickup right away and go through a bunch of questions and ask how much the computer is that you want. I called last night after being declined online and he was able to approve me for $1500. If it is not enough to cover the entire purchase, they give you an option to pay with more than one card. Good luck!

Thanks Lambo, that's good to know (for me at least).

        
Message 7 of 9
nebula21

Thanks Lambo...I called that number, but they said since it's the highest line I have they couldn't go higher.  Nevertheless, I'm happy with it so I'll leave it be for now.  Thanks for the help.

Message 8 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@nebula21 wrote:

Thanks Lambo...I called that number, but they said since it's the highest line I have they couldn't go higher.  Nevertheless, I'm happy with it so I'll leave it be for now.  Thanks for the help.

I think it would be best for you to wait at least 6 months, have good payment and usage history with the card and then try for a CLI, it will more than likely be a HP. Barclays does do account reviews every 6 months and may do auto-CLI as well.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.