Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Barclay CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Barclay CLI

Was granted a CLI on my card with a hard. I think I should have asked for more CL was $1750 new CL is $3100. Only had the card 8 months.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Apple Barclay CLI

Did you hit the LUV button or call in for your CLI ? From my experience the credit analysts are easy to work with and will generally help you. Try calling them to see when you will be elligible for another increase.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

pizzadude wrote:
Did you hit the LUV button or call in for your CLI ? From my experience the credit analysts are easy to work with and will generally help you. Try calling them to see when you will be elligible for another increase.

I called the BD number, I was a lil nervous to call or even ask for much cause I opened a few new accounts a few months ago. I don't use the card much always PIF cause my APR is high. Does Barclay ever lower your APR?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok let me try this again this forum is acting up

I called the BD number. Does Barclay ever do APR reduction

Message 4 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

With me they have never reduced my APR ~ but you can always ask them ( I never have ), maybe you'll catch therm on a good day.  Smiley Wink

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 7
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

About a year ago, Barclay did give my husband an APR reduction at his request, but it was after several phone calls and at least a half-hour of haggling with them.  His card was a Juniper iTunes card with a limit of $500 since 2007, I think, and they refused to raise the limit.  He asked if he could simply change the card to a Gulf Mastercard. 

Initially he was told yes; he was instructed to pay the balance totally off and call back after a week or two.  He even had the name of someone to contact, so he did as instructed.  He was put through several levels and finally a credit analyst spent a long time with him on the phone explaining why they would not change his card to another label or raise his limit.  Basically it was his overall credit usage with other cards, never mind his great record with all of them.

During this conversation they finally offered him an APR reduction of a few points, from about 18% to 16%.

Just now he called and cancelled the card because he is moving up in the world and doesn't want a $500 limit card making him look bad.  Oh, I forgot to mention that recently they've been  holding his payments so that he can't even use the card for 2 or 3 weeks out of every billing cycle.  Someone else here on the forum complained about the same thing.  So this morning they said to him, "You have a pretty good rate with this card," as an attempt to sway him to stay.  They also asked if he would like them to see if he is eligible for a CLI and he said if it involves a hard credit pull, then no thanks.  So the card is closed now.  By the way, I don't know if the Apple Barclay is the same as this; it still says Juniper on it but it is administered by Barclay now and it called an iTunes card.  It's hanging on our wall now on our streamer with paid-off credit cards taped to it..  The streamer is very festive-looking with colorful cards on it.

Not applicable

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

About a year ago, Barclay did give my husband an APR reduction at his request, but it was after several phone calls and at least a half-hour of haggling with them.  His card was a Juniper iTunes card with a limit of $500 since 2007, I think, and they refused to raise the limit.  He asked if he could simply change the card to a Gulf Mastercard. 

Initially he was told yes; he was instructed to pay the balance totally off and call back after a week or two.  He even had the name of someone to contact, so he did as instructed.  He was put through several levels and finally a credit analyst spent a long time with him on the phone explaining why they would not change his card to another label or raise his limit.  Basically it was his overall credit usage with other cards, never mind his great record with all of them.

During this conversation they finally offered him an APR reduction of a few points, from about 18% to 16%.

Just now he called and cancelled the card because he is moving up in the world and doesn't want a $500 limit card making him look bad.  Oh, I forgot to mention that recently they've been  holding his payments so that he can't even use the card for 2 or 3 weeks out of every billing cycle.  Someone else here on the forum complained about the same thing.  So this morning they said to him, "You have a pretty good rate with this card," as an attempt to sway him to stay.  They also asked if he would like them to see if he is eligible for a CLI and he said if it involves a hard credit pull, then no thanks.  So the card is closed now.  By the way, I don't know if the Apple Barclay is the same as this; it still says Juniper on it but it is administered by Barclay now and it called an iTunes card.  It's hanging on our wall now on our streamer with paid-off credit cards taped to it..  The streamer is very festive-looking with colorful cards on it.

Well in the case I will not hold my breath lol

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.