Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Barclay/Juniper denied, denied, denied

tag
aissa_sf
Established Member

Apple Barclay/Juniper denied, denied, denied

they show no love to me.. I just want to get a stingin IPAD for my daughter.. No one in our family own any apple equipment

and my kids seems to love 'em..

We are really saying bye, bye, bye Apple!!! Smiley Sad

Starting Score FICO SCORE 8: Equifax 605, TU 609, Experian 620, Bankruptcy November 9, 2011 (Discharge Date)
Rebuilding. In my wallet CAP1 @ $300 now $500 after 6 months, Cap1 @ $300, Synchrony/Old Navy, Walmart @ $200 Auto loan - $25K @ $490/month, school loan $20K, 4 hard inquiry
Goal Score: 700

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Barclay/Juniper denied, denied, denied

Probably will have to pay cash. I don't think anyone that sells iPads will give you a card with those scores.

Message 2 of 20
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

What are your scores?  Your siggy says that on 10/15/12 it is 550 and that is way too low to expect those cards.   I just checked another database and I see an approval on TU with 611 for $2K.  Do you have any baddies and if so how recent?  

Next time try to find out what the score approvals are before you waste your inquiries as those are too precious to you at this time.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 20
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

www.whogavemecredit.com

Got my apple barclay with 650s

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 20
aissa_sf
Established Member

I'm at 603 score. I filed bankruptcy a year ago.. I just took a hit to apply for it just 'coz it's Xmas and my daughters birthday is a little after holiday.

I've been trying but unfortunately Barclay does not like to have many credit cards and high rate of using it even though you were never late.I have a lot of inquiries too just because I'm establishing credits.

Anyway I may not need to apply on this card anymore just because I will not have a need for it. I will probably just have some other family give her

the IPAD if they can afford it instead.

I will rest of applying cards till some of those items already clear my credit. I'm a little frustrated though but that's what happens when your credit is ruined.

Starting Score FICO SCORE 8: Equifax 605, TU 609, Experian 620, Bankruptcy November 9, 2011 (Discharge Date)
Rebuilding. In my wallet CAP1 @ $300 now $500 after 6 months, Cap1 @ $300, Synchrony/Old Navy, Walmart @ $200 Auto loan - $25K @ $490/month, school loan $20K, 4 hard inquiry
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 20
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Don't be so hard on yourself. I also filed an was discharged from BK in October 2011. I was denied Barclay in June 2012 because I had no revolving credit after BK. So I waited 6 months as per the many forums stated and applied again last week and was approved. It will take time. Did you try the recon #. Thats what I had to do because I learn that the amount I applied for $3000 was denied, but on recon they approved me for $2000. 

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 6 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear. I think Barclays Apple Card is harder than other Barclays cards. You can apply for Best Buy Card and it has longer fiancing plan.

Ron.

Message 7 of 20
JonStur
Established Contributor

Yea, it's gonna take a little time to get your scores up...just keep paying on time and no more apps for a while and your scores will be enough to get that Barclay card before you know it!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 8 of 20
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

OP, I just thought about something, what is your utiilzation right now?  You know a high utilization can knock you out of the box quickly so let us know.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 9 of 20
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@aissa_sf wrote:

I'm at 603 score. I filed bankruptcy a year ago.. I just took a hit to apply for it just 'coz it's Xmas and my daughters birthday is a little after holiday.

I've been trying but unfortunately Barclay does not like to have many credit cards and high rate of using it even though you were never late.I have a lot of inquiries too just because I'm establishing credits.

Anyway I may not need to apply on this card anymore just because I will not have a need for it. I will probably just have some other family give her

the IPAD if they can afford it instead.

I will rest of applying cards till some of those items already clear my credit. I'm a little frustrated though but that's what happens when your credit is ruined.

Give it time credit does improve once the baddies fall off.Keep your chin up!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.