Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Barclay/Juniper denied, denied, denied

tag
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Re: Apple Barclay/Juniper denied, denied, denied

Or apply for walmart.. Might be easier to get

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 11 of 20
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Sorry to hear. I think Barclays Apple Card is harder than other Barclays cards. You can apply for Best Buy Card and it has longer fiancing plan.

Ron.

I'm pretty sure the OP wouldn't get approved for one. The Best buy card is probably the best one to get when it comes to financing apple products.

Message 12 of 20
aissa_sf
Established Member

I will check walmart and best buy. I was thinking about that. After that no more Applying for me for a minute. I have high utilization on my cards.

Starting Score FICO SCORE 8: Equifax 605, TU 609, Experian 620, Bankruptcy November 9, 2011 (Discharge Date)
Rebuilding. In my wallet CAP1 @ $300 now $500 after 6 months, Cap1 @ $300, Synchrony/Old Navy, Walmart @ $200 Auto loan - $25K @ $490/month, school loan $20K, 4 hard inquiry
Goal Score: 700

Message 13 of 20
Involus
Regular Contributor

How high is the util? It might be worth paying cash for the iPad rather than apping for BBY and Walmart as if your util is like 80%+ theres a chance you may be denied for both - but if you do decide to app best of luck to you.

Message 14 of 20
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@CotySinz wrote:

How high is the util? It might be worth paying cash for the iPad rather than apping for BBY and Walmart as if your util is like 80%+ theres a chance you may be denied for both - but if you do decide to app best of luck to you.

I got mine through Amazon....6 months no interest.I go rid of my BBRZ card and it only had a 500.00 limit anyway.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 15 of 20
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Though I do not care for Apple or their products, I wouldn't say it's fair to no longer WANT to purchase their items, simply because you were denied a line of credit due to having low scores.

Had you been approved, you would have been excited and promoting them.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 16 of 20
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Sorry to hear. I think Barclays Apple Card is harder than other Barclays cards. You can apply for Best Buy Card and it has longer fiancing plan.

Ron.

I'm pretty sure the OP wouldn't get approved for one. The Best buy card is probably the best one to get when it comes to financing apple products.

With all due respect, I'm pretty sure you are dead wrong...and the reason I know this is I was approved from the Barclay Apple Visa with a 616 TU, a recent BK, and 50%util

To the OP, here is the key with Barclay Apple and recons: They very badly want you to buy the Apple stuff. When I first reconned, they said no. When I lamented the fact that I wouldn't be buying my first Apple product, the guy put me on hold and came back asking me what I wanted. I said the laptop that was 1,099...he approved me for 1,300.

I would recon and tell the rep specificallwith at you want to buy it with no interest financing for Christmas. YMMV, but I think you have a shot with FICO above 600 this time of year.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 17 of 20
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@Mike360 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

With all due respect, I'm pretty sure you are dead wrong...and the reason I know this is I was approved from the Barclay Apple Visa with a 616 TU, a recent BK, and 50%util

To the OP, here is the key with Barclay Apple and recons: They very badly want you to buy the Apple stuff. When I first reconned, they said no. When I lamented the fact that I wouldn't be buying my first Apple product, the guy put me on hold and came back asking me what I wanted. I said the laptop that was 1,099...he approved me for 1,300.

I would recon and tell the rep specificallwith at you want to buy it with no interest financing for Christmas. YMMV, but I think you have a shot with FICO above 600 this time of year.

^^^This

I was denied at first, and called in to recon.  Advised that I wanted to buy an apple product (I really didn't), and I was approved for 1k (they matched my highest Seecured card limit) and have since given me a $1200 auto-CLI and I've only had the card now for 6months.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 18 of 20
deemac76
Established Member

Dang that's déjà vu for real, that was exactly the way I was approved on Friday. I was denied Thursday morning instantly then I called that evening for a recon, Denied. That next morning I called again and spoke with a rep and explained my bk story of why I did it and told her I was interested in a laptop. So she asked how much I wanted to spend and she countered with $2000 rather than the $4000 I asked for. So doing a recon is definitely possible. Good luck to you!

Starting Score: EQ 425 (Discharged Ch. 7 BK 11/16/2010)
Current Score: EQ 600/TU 677/EX 663 (All Lender Pull 11/10/2012)
Goal Score: 700 Cross The Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 20
Justin028
Established Member

I applied for this card a little over two weeks ago w/ instant approval of $700 CL and my scores are slightly above 600 but no idea with the util was though. The card is OK but the interest rate on non Apple purchases is outragous...I think 22%. Needless to say I'm only using this card to pay off my iPad ($593 w/ tax) and I've already paid $100 on the card before my first statement. I do like that its 0% on the first 12 months on purchases $500+ and I plan on paying off the card in abt 6 mos or so.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.