Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Barclay is giving me a chance!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Barclay is giving me a chance!!!

I am completely thrilled right now!

I took a chance and applied online since it has been 6 months since the last app and I don't really have a recent pull history. I was declined online and crossed my fingers as I called the backdoor number. They acrtually reviewed all the good I have been doing, asked me more questions and then approved me for $1000! I said $500 would be fine when asked initially, so I was SHOCKED!

Doing a happy dance!!! I am going to put $600 on it now, but pay $200 of it as soon as the first bill comes around and pay well over the min. each month, keeping it around 10-20% rolling utilization.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ccnewb23
Contributor

Re: Apple Barclay is giving me a chance!!!

Congrats!

AmEx Green NPSL | Barclays Rewards MC $4,200 | BofA 1-2-3 Visa $1,500 | Phillips Conoco 76 Gas Card $600 | AmEx BCE $25k | Discover IT $1,000
Message 2 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I took a chance and applied online since it has been 6 months since the last app and I don't really have a recent pull history. I was declined online and crossed my fingers as I called the backdoor number. They acrtually reviewed all the good I have been doing, asked me more questions and then approved me for $1000! I said $500 would be fine when asked initially, so I was SHOCKED!

Doing a happy dance!!! I am going to put $600 on it now, but pay $200 of it as soon as the first bill comes around and pay well over the min. each month, keeping it around 10-20% rolling utilization.

Congrats! In case you haven't already read this here: Be sure you DON'T app for any other CCs for at least 6 mos. And don't ask for a CLI with them either. Barclays is extremely sensitive about new accounts being opened after theirs.

Your plan of making a purhcase and making payments sounds like a good one. That's what I did in November: I got an iPad2 w/0% interest and am paying it off over time, in the hopes of building a positive history with them. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

awesome congrats

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, what do you mean, they're giving you a chance?  Your the customer and they should be happy you are picking them to do business with.  These companies want your money and business.  They make money off of you, so people should stop with feeling "blessed" that a bank is giving them credit.  It's all about making money off you.

YOU are giving them a chance at your business.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive been so tempted to apply for the last few weeks. My credit file is thin so i've been trying to wait for my secure card to get to 1 year. You've given me hope of getting enough credit for a laptop.
Message 6 of 10
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Congrats OP...
 Word of caution, keep this happy dance as your last for at least 6 months :-) Barclays can be a devil if you go on app spree. I have seen people getting their accounts close with just one new account.
Congrats again Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, what do you mean, they're giving you a chance?  Your the customer and they should be happy you are picking them to do business with.  These companies want your money and business.  They make money off of you, so people should stop with feeling "blessed" that a bank is giving them credit.  It's all about making money off you.

YOU are giving them a chance at your business.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 10
rbtextreme
New Contributor

Congrats!
Message 9 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!!

You need to garden now for at least 6 months. Don't rock the boat with Barclays.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.