Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Barclaycard - questions

tag
sc2761
Contributor

Re: Apple Barclaycard - questions

What do you mean by horror stories?  I believe I've heard to just not apply and get any inquiries on your credit reports for 6 months and then your good.  So basically garden for 6 months right?  Anyone have anything different?

Opened 12/2010 Quicksilver MC now $10000; Opened 04/2012: Barclays Rewards MC now $15000; Opened 12/2013: Logix Platinum Rewards MC now $15000; Opened 12/2013: DCU Platinum Visa now $3000; Opened 03/2015: Cap One Venture Rewards Visa now $16000; Opened 03/2015: Chase Freedom Visa now $2000; Opened 03/2015: Safe CU Platinum Rewards Visa now $1500.
Message 11 of 21
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Well, the website alone is a little bit, crappy? I feel like a company making that much money should have a much better set up. Makes me feel a little sketched out. I guess I am just paranoid. I have read a lot of things about them randomly decreasing the limit practically down to nothing on people. I just want to make sure that does not happen to me since it's my highest CL.

Message 12 of 21
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Lambo23 wrote:

Well, the website alone is a little bit, crappy? I feel like a company making that much money should have a much better set up. Makes me feel a little sketched out. I guess I am just paranoid. I have read a lot of things about them randomly decreasing the limit practically down to nothing on people. I just want to make sure that does not happen to me since it's my highest CL.

Greetings Lambo23!

Barclays is a great company to get in with.  A lot of people on this forum have this card because they are willing to take a chance on people building or rebuilding.  Though some have said this card is easy to get... I do not agree.  Almost all that have this card were declined on app then had to recon to get approved  (I am one such person. Smiley Happy ) or were approved and had to recon a higher limit. 

With that being stated, to stay in Barclays good graces, it is generally recommended that you not apply for new credit or aquire any more accounts or HPs for a good 6 months.  Kinda seems like long time, but really after the 6 months of steady payments and no apps, your credit file looks a lot better in most cases. 

Don't feel "sketched out" about this lender.  Take care of them and they will take care of you.  Barclays is known for giving generous CLIs and typically good at CLI request in general.

Hope this helps.  Sorry such a long response.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay is a damn good bank, best in the UK.  When the stock bubble bust I started playing the market again.  The only stock I have lost money on is Lloyds of London (they got a bank to), I still kick myself for not going Barclays, I would have made a nice little profit instead of sitting on Lloyds waiting for it to bounce back.

Message 14 of 21
beb86
Valued Contributor

I dont think Barclays does instant approvals haha I called the backdoor number had a nice chat and poof approved.....I didnt mind i was hoping for a bigger limit I only got $1000 oh well try for CLI in a few months

Message 15 of 21
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@Lambo23 wrote:

Greetings Lambo23!

Barclays is a great company to get in with.  A lot of people on this forum have this card because they are willing to take a chance on people building or rebuilding.  Though some have said this card is easy to get... I do not agree.  Almost all that have this card were declined on app then had to recon to get approved  (I am one such person. Smiley Happy ) or were approved and had to recon a higher limit. 

With that being stated, to stay in Barclays good graces, it is generally recommended that you not apply for new credit or aquire any more accounts or HPs for a good 6 months.  Kinda seems like long time, but really after the 6 months of steady payments and no apps, your credit file looks a lot better in most cases. 

Don't feel "sketched out" about this lender.  Take care of them and they will take care of you.  Barclays is known for giving generous CLIs and typically good at CLI request in general.

Hope this helps.  Sorry such a long response.  Smiley Happy

thanks for the reply. I got a couple cards I like to use for everyday use and to be honest I applied for this just for the macbook pro! Smiley Wink After it is paid off in a few months, should I just put small charges on it and PIF? How long til I can request a CLI? And will they still give me one if I am only charging small amounts each month?

Message 16 of 21
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

This card is actually a VISA Financing Card. This is how Barclays markets it on their website. Since having he card- I've been offered several BT offers and purchase offers at 0% APR for 12 and 15 months with 1% to 3% transfer fees. Not bad really. Use the card every once in a while or take them up on some of their offers and you should be good to go. As far as CLI request- I was told by an analyst that 4 months is the soonest they'd like to see a CLI request after open but preferably 6 months. Please note- if you request the increase- it's always a HP to TU.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 17 of 21
sc2761
Contributor

The wife and I were instantly approved.  We were surprised based on reading these forums.  I don't know if it was due to our scores being fairly high even after d/c from chap 7, since our scores were all near 800 pre-BK.  Pretty good limits too.  Will garden now for 6mo, since we don't want barclays to lower the limit or close the cards based on any new inquires.

Opened 12/2010 Quicksilver MC now $10000; Opened 04/2012: Barclays Rewards MC now $15000; Opened 12/2013: Logix Platinum Rewards MC now $15000; Opened 12/2013: DCU Platinum Visa now $3000; Opened 03/2015: Cap One Venture Rewards Visa now $16000; Opened 03/2015: Chase Freedom Visa now $2000; Opened 03/2015: Safe CU Platinum Rewards Visa now $1500.
Message 18 of 21
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:
This card is actually a VISA Financing Card. This is how Barclays markets it on their website. Since having he card- I've been offered several BT offers and purchase offers at 0% APR for 12 and 15 months with 1% to 3% transfer fees. Not bad really. Use the card every once in a while or take them up on some of their offers and you should be good to go. As far as CLI request- I was told by an analyst that 4 months is the soonest they'd like to see a CLI request after open but preferably 6 months. Please note- if you request the increase- it's always a HP to TU.

Okay thanks for the info. I plan on gardening now for a year at least so this was my last card til then. I guess that was a good choice.

Message 19 of 21
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

Karunch wrote:

If you have the Apple Visa Finance Card Visa (White card), then you were able to get the 0% for 6 months or 1 year when you purchased your Apple products in the first 30 days of opening the account.  I've heard that people occassionally get that offered again.

The Apple iTunes Visa Card (Black card) offers 2 points for every dollar spent at Apple/iTunes store, and then 1 point for every dollar spent elsewhere.  Every 2,500 points earned and Barclays sends you a $25 iTunes gift card.

I spoke to a representative at Barclay the other day and she said that if you got the promotion initially, they had a new policy that you could get the promotion on any Apple purchases in the future by just calling them after you make a purchase and they would apply the 0% to the transaction.  The details are 0% for 6 months if under $999 or 0% for 12 months if over $999.

I would recommend that anyone wanting to take advantage of this just call to reconfirm before making that purchase.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.