Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple/Barclays Approval!

tag
ablacksheare
Established Member

Apple/Barclays Approval!

YES!!!! I took a chance and applied for the apple card online and was denied but I called the backdoor number. After about 10 mins of sitting on the phone, I spoke w/ a nice young lady and she asked me a few questions about my credit (and that damn Express/WFNNB chargeoff) but I explained my situation to her and that I am working to clear up my credit and be a responsible adult. She took my words into consideration and I was approved for $500. Its not alot but I know after 6 months of paying off the balance, I will call to consideration for a limit increase. I thought I would never be able to get the Apple visa but thanks to the forum and being on time w/ my bills, it was very possible. Thanks !!!!

Starting Score: TU:610(10/28/2010) EQ:575(10/28/2010)
Current Score: TU:640(11/6/2010) EQ:603(11/2/2010)
Goal Score: 710By January 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple/Barclays Approval!

Congrats on rebuilding and on being willing to call the backdoor for a recon.  Nice work!

Message 2 of 5
mross1080
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 5
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

i had a very similar thing happen as well today ! applied for the card online but was denied. i called the recon number and spoke to a rep and after about two minutes, he asked me if "you were to be approved, what kind of a minimum payments would you make." my asnwer was that if i purchased an item around 600 - 700 range, i would pay atleast $100 minimum payment. the next thing he said was that i was approved for $2000.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waqaszm1 wrote:

i had a very similar thing happen as well today ! applied for the card online but was denied. i called the recon number and spoke to a rep and after about two minutes, he asked me if "you were to be approved, what kind of a minimum payments would you make." my asnwer was that if i purchased an item around 600 - 700 range, i would pay atleast $100 minimum payment. the next thing he said was that i was approved for $2000.

Wow, thats good! dont spend it all in one place Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.