Established Member
ablacksheare

Apple/Barclays Approval!

YES!!!! I took a chance and applied for the apple card online and was denied but I called the backdoor number. After about 10 mins of sitting on the phone, I spoke w/ a nice young lady and she asked me a few questions about my credit (and that damn Express/WFNNB chargeoff) but I explained my situation to her and that I am working to clear up my credit and be a responsible adult. She took my words into consideration and I was approved for $500. Its not alot but I know after 6 months of paying off the balance, I will call to consideration for a limit increase. I thought I would never be able to get the Apple visa but thanks to the forum and being on time w/ my bills, it was very possible. Thanks !!!!

Starting Score: TU:610(10/28/2010) EQ:575(10/28/2010)
Current Score: TU:640(11/6/2010) EQ:603(11/2/2010)
Goal Score: 710By January 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

Re: Apple/Barclays Approval!

Congrats on rebuilding and on being willing to call the backdoor for a recon.  Nice work!

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Established Contributor
mross1080

Congrats!

Contributor
waqaszm1

i had a very similar thing happen as well today ! applied for the card online but was denied. i called the recon number and spoke to a rep and after about two minutes, he asked me if "you were to be approved, what kind of a minimum payments would you make." my asnwer was that if i purchased an item around 600 - 700 range, i would pay atleast $100 minimum payment. the next thing he said was that i was approved for $2000.

Frequent Contributor
ladydi

waqaszm1 wrote:

i had a very similar thing happen as well today ! applied for the card online but was denied. i called the recon number and spoke to a rep and after about two minutes, he asked me if "you were to be approved, what kind of a minimum payments would you make." my asnwer was that if i purchased an item around 600 - 700 range, i would pay atleast $100 minimum payment. the next thing he said was that i was approved for $2000.

Wow, thats good! dont spend it all in one place :smileyvery-happy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}