Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Approved !!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Card Approved !!

Mustang, it's indeed refreshing to see those limits. Beffore my dscover and this card, my highest was Cap One $1100

Now i have to get my scores further up so I can apply for a USAA. Not sure if they are generous with CLI.

Message 21 of 29
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

USAA is picky - but they do offer nice lines. We have World Master Card with them at 7.75% and a CL of $25,000. As I remember, our rate was 9.9% and they lowered it a few years back. They have been just great to work with.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 22 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

Ray, does USAA pull EQ?

I would think scores above 700 would be preferred?

Message 23 of 29
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Yes, they always pull EQ for us. It seems we lately have always been pre-approved for a car loan or their Amex card. Do not need them but nice to see that when you log in.

I have read of around 700 score getting in the door. Maybe at a higher APR with a lower line to start with, but who cares. You get your foot in and do the right thing with the credit and they will auto increase you as well as auto drop the APR. That has been my experience with them.

Thanks to my Dad, I have been a full member for 27 years!  Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 24 of 29
cp94550
Regular Contributor

Sorry if these are dumb/obvious questions, but I'm trying to build up my scores and was wondering what you mean by this being a "prime" card and what does "recon" mean? Reconsideration? What exactly do you do? They tell you a limit and you ask them to reconsider?

Starting Score: EX: 560 on 11/1/11
Current Score: EX: 651 on 1/31/16
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@cp94550 wrote:
Sorry if these are dumb/obvious questions, but I'm trying to build up my scores and was wondering what you mean by this being a "prime" card and what does "recon" mean? Reconsideration? What exactly do you do? They tell you a limit and you ask them to reconsider?

A prime card is a card that has 'generally' low APR and good credit limits; basically a reputable lender i.e AMEX, Chase, Barclay, BOA, NFCU, USAA, CITI etc

Subprime are for example Orchard, First Premier and some lines of Cap One and some others

Recon as in if you get denied, you call a backdoor number (where available) and ask the underwriter to do a manual review of your credit to see if they can approve you. Recon is also sometimes if you want to call to get a CLI upon approval.

Message 26 of 29
IMCUTE2
Contributor

HI CS800,

Barclays will show up on your report before you receive your card! LOL at least this is what happened for me.  Congrats on your new approval and great recon credit limit.  I ended up wtih 2 cards from them.  I was so excited when ordering my iMac that I applied for the wrong card well not the wrong card I thought it was a great deal the iTunes rewards and 0% financing only to learn they were 2 different cards.  I applied for the financing card and was approved as well .  Great customer service and they're going to give me 0% financing on the purchase.  Again Congrats you were talking about this for awhile now.  Smiley Happy

FICO08 TU 785 EQ 763 EX 744 as of 05/06/15 GOAL 800+ ALL 3 BY 2016
Message 27 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@IMCUTE2 wrote:

HI CS800,

Barclays will show up on your report before you receive your card! LOL at least this is what happened for me.  Congrats on your new approval and great recon credit limit.  I ended up wtih 2 cards from them.  I was so excited when ordering my iMac that I applied for the wrong card well not the wrong card I thought it was a great deal the iTunes rewards and 0% financing only to learn they were 2 different cards.  I applied for the financing card and was approved as well .  Great customer service and they're going to give me 0% financing on the purchase.  Again Congrats you were talking about this for awhile now.  Smiley Happy

They are fast, i got the card yesterday and its already reporting on EX. Wow even my discover that i got a month ago is not reporting yet.

Message 28 of 29
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! That's SO exciting! Smiley Very Happy Amazing CLI/recon!

Barclay's Apple is on my back-burner list for sometime next year. My computer is due to be replaced and I'm ready to convert to a Mac. (LOVE my iPhone!) Plus, like you, I'd love a iPad. Hopefully I'll be able to get my scores high enough next year to go for it. So happy for you. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.