Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card from Barclay

tag
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Apple Card from Barclay

So I'm in the process of buying a new macbook pro. I don't want to spend all my cash on this so I'm thinking to get a little help from Barclay. 

I've been turned down so many times by Barclay before due to many reasons... not enough history .. Inquiries ..

So I guess my question is how difficult it is to get approved for this card? And how sensitive are they about recent accounts and excessive inquiries ?

How is their recon process?

Current Cards:
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Card from Barclay

Here is a good thread you can look @ http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclays-credit-Good-or-bad/td-p/1279449

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 2 of 10
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

They dont like new accounts open before 6 months if you are approved. They will watch you like a hawk by softing you CC reports.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 3 of 10
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

They approved me for a $1,000. I originally asked for $2,500.

I won't be apping for any new card for at least 18 months .. I won't even do any CLI requests!

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

They dont like new accounts open before 6 months if you are approved. They will watch you like a hawk by softing you CC reports.

Current Cards:
Message 4 of 10
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. Thats great news. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@altayar wrote:

I won't be apping for any new card for at least 18 months .. I won't even do any CLI requests!

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

Is that enough to get your Macbook? Those are very beautiful computers.My sister received her's today delivered by the BIG brown truck.I've been playing with it for the last couple hoursSmiley Happy

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 6 of 10
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Unfortunately, it's not. I will have to add an additional $1,200. I'm trying to sell my old Mac 2011 for that price now.

But it's a good assistance. 

@MountainHiker wrote:

@altayar wrote:

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

Is that enough to get your Macbook? Those are very beautiful computers.My sister received her's today delivered by the BIG brown truck.I've been playing with it for the last couple hoursSmiley Happy

Current Cards:
Message 7 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!!

I would call in and see if they will increase it for you! Recon number in the backdoor sticky.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 10
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

The approval actually came after recon. The system gave a flat denial!

I think I would've been approved for a higher limit if I didn't have that many inquiries on my CR.

@LS2982 wrote:

CONGRATS!!!!!

I would call in and see if they will increase it for you! Recon number in the backdoor sticky.

Current Cards:
Message 9 of 10
Jlu
Established Contributor

I think the whole Barclay AA fear thing is overblown on this forum. Both myself and my girlfriend have Barclaycards and I know I have opened 5 new accounts, asked for an early CLI, added 8 new inquiries and have not heard a single peep from them. The story with my girl is similar. Of course the few people who get AA'ed are going to be the loudest people and those are the ones you hear about and think it must be a common issue. It probably isn't. The silent majority still rules over the loud minority.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.