Did you mean: 

Apple Finance Visa - Closed!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple Finance Visa - Closed!

@RockinRay wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

From what you've described, it's no big loss. Just one less account to have to keep track of. Smiley Happy

Very true indeed!

Do you get any kind rewards with the itunes card Ray?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 22
brainysmurf
Contributor

I was very close to closing mine. I got my score high enough to buy a house last year and have since stopped gardening. I used to be really good about at least getting a pack of gum or a monster, but now I haven't used it for six months. Just last week though they sent me an email to activate 5% on gas, home improvement, and grocery for 3 months. I happily accepted and pulled the card out of the sock drawer.
EX / EQ / TU FICO
Start: ? / 633 / 621 March 2011
Current: 751 / 760 / 750 (PSECU, SW, QM)
My Wallet: Fidelity Amex 5k, NFCU CashRewards 10k,
SD: Barclays Apple 1.2k, Amex Zync NPSL, HomeDepot 1.2k
Message 12 of 22
halos24
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

From what you've described, it's no big loss. Just one less account to have to keep track of. Smiley Happy

Very true indeed!

Do you get any kind rewards with the itunes card Ray?

I have the card and you basically get 1 point for each itunes purchase... towards a Itunes gift card.  They also offer online shopping via their web mall (forgot what it is called) Reward Boost where you can earn more points faster.  It works great if you purchase music, apps and so on from Itunes.  I have an Iphone, Ipad, and macbook air so it works great for my household! 

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 13 of 22
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@brainysmurf wrote:
I was very close to closing mine. I got my score high enough to buy a house last year and have since stopped gardening. I used to be really good about at least getting a pack of gum or a monster, but now I haven't used it for six months. Just last week though they sent me an email to activate 5% on gas, home improvement, and grocery for 3 months. I happily accepted and pulled the card out of the sock drawer.

Sorry to hear that, Ray. But really it's no great loss. After my iPad is PIF, I'm hoping to either PC by threatening to close or move the CL to a different (new) Barclay's card with rewards. Even their 0% on this card is only offered periodically.

Maybe they sent this offer to people who haven't been using the card. I use mine for a small purchase monthly, and they told me that I didn't qualify for this offer. Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 14 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@brainysmurf wrote:

Sorry to hear that, Ray. But really it's no great loss. After my iPad is PIF, I'm hoping to either PC by threatening to close or move the CL to a different (new) Barclay's card with rewards. Even their 0% on this card is only offered periodically.

Maybe they sent this offer to people who haven't been using the card. I use mine for a small purchase monthly, and they told me that I didn't qualify for this offer. Smiley Mad

I would hope not!! Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 22
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

@brainysmurf wrote:

I would hope not!! Smiley Mad

Well, if they sent this offer to someone who hasn't used the card in 6 mos and wouldn't give the offer to me, who has been using the card, it seems like it might be an incentive to get people to start using an inactive acct.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 16 of 22
brainysmurf
Contributor

I was fully expecting to get closed due to inactivity... I've been perfectly content with my Fidelity 2% Amex and NFCU cashRewards for anywhere I couldn't use Amex. This card is at least going to get 3 months of use at the pump. Limit is $25 total cash back.
EX / EQ / TU FICO
Start: ? / 633 / 621 March 2011
Current: 751 / 760 / 750 (PSECU, SW, QM)
My Wallet: Fidelity Amex 5k, NFCU CashRewards 10k,
SD: Barclays Apple 1.2k, Amex Zync NPSL, HomeDepot 1.2k
Message 17 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

So, use the card regularly, no rewards other than advertised.

Dont use it, get rewards for 3 months.....

I think Barclays should help both categories!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 22
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Off of barclays for a sec, but since you brought up gas it reminded me of a letter I got about inactivity from a chevron/texaco card that I had not used in several years. I honestly forgot I even had one that was open.

Anyhow, the letter told me of my inactivity and that if I would like to keep it open just use it once and I am good to go. So I used it once. They sent me a new card, same number and all, no soft or hard pull. Just thought it was strange that they actually let me know in advance that the account would be soon closed rather than just shutting it down on me.

Still don't think I will use it much, but they did give me a discount to keep it open.
Message 19 of 22
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Chris That was cool of GE to let you know beforehand that they were going to close it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.