Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Financing (Barclay Card)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Financing (Barclay Card)

We're considering applying for the husband. His scores are fair after a recent drop due to high usage (our fault because we missed to pay back a bunch before statement day). I don't have FICO scores for him, but CreditKarma says 679 for TU. However, as I mentioned at least for now the util is pretty high (combined 42%). Do you think we still have a shot? I know it would be better to lower the util, first (which we will do, of course), but I'd really like to get him a new iPhone for his birthday and the card doesn't report in time, unfortunatly.

Average age of credit history is only 8 months due to a new CC at the beginning of July.

Two CCs total.

No baddies. Never late. Always in full.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Apple Financing (Barclay Card)

Hi @Anonymous, the thread you posted to was started well over a year ago and it's possible some of the information might be outdated, so I moved your post to a new thread.

--UB

Message 2 of 22
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

This is probably the easiest card to get in Barclays product line. He's probably OK to apply.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

I will probably try it.

One question I have, though, which I really haven't thought about before. Is the 0% APR period defined by the purchase amount at the moment of purchase or the cumulative amount during those first 30 days? I.e., if I have two <$900 (12mo) purchases within the first 30 days, to I get 18 months because >$1000?

Message 4 of 22
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I think it only applies to a single Apple Store purchase.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

But it is additive within one purchase? I.e., if I buy an iPhone (<$1000) and something together I'll be >$1000, I'll get the 18 month as opposed to the 12 mo (for iPhone <$1000)?

Message 6 of 22
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

It applies to one transaction, not one product. So if you buy the iphone and something else together, then that $1000+ purchase will be financed at 0% APR for 18 months.

Message 7 of 22
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Ankaa yes that would be one purchase.
Message 8 of 22
disney2
Regular Contributor

I applied for this one recently and was denied due to too many recent cards. Do I stand a chance if I recon?
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You won't know until you try.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.