Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Financing (Barclay Card)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Financing (Barclay Card)

I have had this card for 11 years, since it was under Juniper, and when the card was all black. 

I have used the deferred financing three times in the past 2-3 years. I just added it again to my account a couple weeks ago. Was going to buy the new iPhone, but chickened out. LOL

I called the number on the back of the card when I wanted to buy something, asking if I am eligible for the special financing. Both times, they looked at my account, and said yes you are eligible, would you like me to activiate that for you? Then they read you a madatory script, and you agree. I received a letter in the mail, both times, summarizing that I have 30 days to take advantage of the financing offer. 

Within the 30 days, each purchase you make that is eligible/falls within the respective xx months/dollar amount bracket in the chart on the website, is eligible for the deferred financing offer.

I purchased the 1st Gen iPad Pro 12.9 inch when it came out, put that on the card. I called the number on the back of the card asking for the offer before going to the store. Maybe a week later, I decided I wanted the Magic Keyboard, and the Apple Pencil. Put that on the card. A few days later, I remember needed adaptors, as the one I ordered on Amazon did not work... So I put 2 adaptors on the card, set me back almost $90 for adaptors!!! So I have 3 seperate purchases within 30 days, and when I look at the online statement, (paper statement should be exactly the same) there is a page/section that shows you a detailed breakdown of your eligible Apple purchases, separate from your other purchases. It will show which purchase in relation to date of purchase and dollar amount will expire at what date. I believe their system pays and satisfies the lowest dollar amount first, as the lower the dollar amount, the shorter the deferred finance term. Very important here : if you continue to use your card for say lunch, you need to make absolutely sure when you go to pay your bill, you pay 100% of whatever you charged recently, plus enough to cover the miniumum (the more the better) amount of the Apple purchase's minimum payment. I spoke with customer service to confirm this is true.

The second time, I bought non-Apple products, a Go-Pro 5, since I wanted to see if it would be financed, and it did. I always read the letter carefully, and I do not beleive there is anything in the terms that say you must buy "Apple products", otherwise how would you add in the accessories? Basically, as long as the transaction is at the Apple Store, online, it doesn't matter what you purchase as long as it is part of Apple's inventory.

Hope this helps! 

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Financing (Barclay Card)

@

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.