cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Financing help!

tag
EmilyHeather

Apple Financing help!

Hi so i just applied online for the Barclay card financing and got denied. Here's my info
I'm a college student, make $12,000. Have a cap 1 journey (500 CL) and Amazon Store card (700). Both had balances that I just paid down to $90 each. I just paid them down today I know they take a day to post then a month or so to reflect on your. Score. I pulled my transU as that's the one I think Barclay pulls and it was 622 Saturday and today it was 650. I was looking to make a 2000 puchase. It's late so I can't call recon tomorrow.. Any advice? Think ill get approved with recon? Help!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Financing help!

it is very easy to recon with barclays. the number to call if i am not wrong is  866-408-4064.

then again, the exact odds depends on your current profile/situation.

they might have declined you because your highest CL is 700 and you're trying to make a 2000 purchase.

prepare a list of reasons why you possibly got denied, and why those reasons shouldn't matter to convince the recon analyst.

Best of luck!

P.S. Wrong section. Ought to be in credit cards section.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
EmilyHeather

Ok thanks! Ill call in the morning. Hopefully Ill get Approved I really only need 1300 if I get approved for more it'll be nice.

And sorry for the wrong board. I'm doing this mobile so it's hard to navigate the boards
Message 3 of 6
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Barclays is an easy recon, just answer all questions honestly, and explain to them that you are looking to take part of the 6 or 12 month financing, I told them I wanted an iPad-which I didn't-I just wanted the card and they approved it for 1k? I just have to pay my card off now lol
Message 4 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@creditwatcher2012 wrote:
Barclays is an easy recon, just answer all questions honestly, and explain to them that you are looking to take part of the 6 or 12 month financing, I told them I wanted an iPad-which I didn't-I just wanted the card and they approved it for 1k? I just have to pay my card off now lol

why would u buy, much more finance, something that you dont want? the barclays card isn't worth 1 ipad.....lol

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 6
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Good luck on recon. Hope you get approved. Keep us posted of the results.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.