Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Financing with RBS Citizens

tag
Commutator
Valued Member

Apple Financing with RBS Citizens

So, I tried applying for the RBS Citizens financing option for students, mostly to get an installment loan for credit mix. They rejected me, and I was wondering if there might be a backdoor number that someone knows of? The hotline CSR I tried calling wasn't very helpful.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Apple Financing with RBS Citizens

@Commutator wrote:

So, I tried applying for the RBS Citizens financing option for students, mostly to get an installment loan for credit mix. They rejected me, and I was wondering if there might be a backdoor number that someone knows of? The hotline CSR I tried calling wasn't very helpful.

The Credit Line up in your sigi says you were denied because this product is not designed for you! To good of credit!

(at least if my thoughts are correct, that is the best reason to be denied something!)

Message 2 of 7
Commutator
Valued Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Commutator wrote:

The Credit Line up in your sigi says you were denied because this product is not designed for you! To good of credit!

(at least if my thoughts are correct, that is the best reason to be denied something!)

Thanks for making me feel better haha. The denial message did suggest getting a co-signer though. Well, whatever it is, being denied is annoying; all I ever wanted was something to even out my credit profile!

Message 3 of 7
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

It's pretty strange, calling them and asking to speak to a credit analyst won't hurt

Their corporate no is (401) 456-7000, I'd try that

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 4 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

You can always go the secured loan route. with sdfcu. no credit check. and only 5 dollars a month payments for 48 months. is pretty easy to balance credit out. as it will not make that much difference in score. but you will get a few points for credit mix. at the same time. you will lose a couple for AAoA on new account. so its really just worth it to leave it alone until you have something legit to purchase. not just for purchasing sake.

Message 5 of 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

RBS is a strange bank. They rejected me for a Citizens First card a few years ago, simply stating I had plenty of credit available.
Message 6 of 7
Commutator
Valued Member

@jesseh wrote:

It's pretty strange, calling them and asking to speak to a credit analyst won't hurt

Their corporate no is (401) 456-7000, I'd try that

Finally tried it, no luck. He asked why I was declined and I quoted the email that said "unable to make a decision based on your lack of individual credit history", then he said that there's nothing he can do.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.