android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Financing

@Anonymous wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure... all the recent apps recorded on

have been over the 600 range

Get ready for a quick Mod cut to that forum... unfortunately!

Really?  I was not aware that it was a no no.  I discovered that from here.  I do not pay attention to what is allowed and what is not allowed.  I pick up info, share it and share personal experiences. 

Oh well, no more links and I noticed no more references to credit cards made of silicone.

It hasnt happend yet, but MyFico does not allow links from their website to what they consider "credit repair" forums  CB is one of those, at least it has been in the past.  Smiley Sad

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 61 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

I'm curious, how do you get the WalMart TU score? I see so many with it but don't know how you get it.

You apply for the Walmart card, its the major benefit of having a Walmart card!

Message 62 of 67
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Got ya. I'm still cautious about applying and getting an inquiry so I'll keep with the three secured cards I'm considering right now.

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 63 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got flat out denied with a TU of 721 for : Too few accounts with sufficient satisfactory performance Smiley Sad

Message 64 of 67
Jlu
Established Contributor

^^If you have a revolving line of credit that is 1 year or older call the backdoor number on Monday morning and ask for a recon - you are almost guaranteed to get approved.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 65 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah see that's probably why, my history was pretty much built on Installment credit and my revolving credit is nearly non existant (I just got approved for an Old Navy Visa with a CL of $1200 a few days ago, So i'm going to start building with that since no one else will give me anything.) Best Buy just denied me too so is it even worth asking for a recon tomorrow? I really want to get a MBP for college for no interest for 12 months.

I guess this is what I get for waiting until I was 25 to get a credit card, but I wanted to make sure I was mature enough to handle the responsibility.

Message 66 of 67
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Mirdir, why not grab 2-3 secured credit cards as a few suggested. Secured credit cards are almost always guaranteed because their secured by collateral, aka, the money you provide IS your credit limit. This will help you establish a revolving credit quicker... just make sure you do not overdo your utilization of the cards. Good luck dude, I wanted a MBP too, but sometimes, good things come to those who wait.

Again, good luck.

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 67 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.