Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Financing

tag
negg
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Financing

Might be one of the best BT cards out there.  1% fee, 0% apr for 15 months. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 11 of 49
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'm surprised this product is still around.  Why not just put the Apple product on a Bill Me Later acct?

IF I had the Apple Financing Visa or card or whatever it's called, I would close it.  Simply because Barclays is one of the more difficult lenders when it comes to 2 or 3 cards and the US Airways card is too churnable to let Apple take up one of those slots Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 49
taxi818
Super Contributor

True. My next goal. Get rid of smart connect. Hello bill me later. Or pay pal credit.
Message 13 of 49
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:
You can't is what I meant to say. You can't PC it. You should never close a card. Because of util and aaa. But you can wait for them to close or buy a donut once in a while. And pay in full. Smiley Happy

I'd say this is half true. AAoA isn't affected since accounts report for 10 Years after closing. Utilization however can be affected if you have limited credit available in which case you may want to move the limit to another card.

I had a Barclay Rewards MC during my rebuilding phase. After a year the card had aboslutely no use to me and I wanted to close it. I called the Barclays backdoor number and had the limit transferred over from that card to my Ring card and closed my Rewards card. My AAoA and Utilization was not affected. The CR will show that the card was closed by customer's request and since it was at least a year old, there won't be any red flags.

I'd say if you're looking to at least get in with Barclays and benefit from this card with an Apple purchase, go for it. Use it for a year, build a strong relationship with Barclays and if after a year they won't PC it, apply for another one of their cards and if you aboslutely feel the need to close this one, transfer the CL. 

People often hate on Barclays but I've never had any issues with them and I've had two cards. My experience with customer service has actually been almost AMEX level and nothing shady has ever happened with any of my accounts.

Message 14 of 49
taxi818
Super Contributor

Much better response. I agree completely.
Message 15 of 49
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

"Might be one of the best BT cards out there.  1% fee, 0% apr for 15 months."

What are you smoking? The apple card is a 4% BT fee with a $10 fee min.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 16 of 49
JoMellow
Established Contributor

As a side note:  it is possible to PC the card (however its a rare occurrence from what I've seen and read).  They allowed me to PC from the Apple to the Rewards and then allowed me to move the cl to SM and close the Rewards card.  With that said, its not really the best card out there for anything other than an Apple purchase (as was previously mentioned)

Original Scores: EQ FICO 645, TU 672, EX FICO 663 (4/2014)
Current Scores: EQ FICO 824, TU 840, EX FICO 826 (3/2018)
Message 17 of 49
taxi818
Super Contributor

Wow. Good to know. If you did it. How long did you have before you pced it?
Message 18 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

"Might be one of the best BT cards out there.  1% fee, 0% apr for 15 months."

What are you smoking? The apple card is a 4% BT fee with a $10 fee min.

Lmao!

Also 22.99% interest on BT if I'm not mistaken. 

Message 19 of 49
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

I'd say if you're looking to at least get in with Barclays and benefit from this card with an Apple purchase, go for it. Use it for a year, build a strong relationship with Barclays and if after a year they won't PC it, apply for another one of their cards and if you aboslutely feel the need to close this one, transfer the CL. 

People often hate on Barclays but I've never had any issues with them and I've had two cards. My experience with customer service has actually been almost AMEX level and nothing shady has ever happened with any of my accounts.

+1

I got the Barclay Apple card last year and used it for every month... $200-$500 and PIF.  At 6 months I got an auto CLI from $1200 to $2200.

Well, my 12th statement cuts in a couple days.  Balance is $0 having just paid off a $560 shopping spree from the past month.  I'm expecting another auto CLI.

I may have the "worst" of the Barclay cards, but I'm in the door with them.  When I feel the need to app for their better cards (like Sallie Mae) I don't see myself getting denied.

(I'm waiting till 2015 to app... Barclay likes to pull TU and ALL of the new accounts I opened in 2013 pulled TU, hence the reason my TU score is the lowest.  Once these INQs age past 1 year my TU score should rebound and I'll be ready to app on 1/1/15)

BTW, regarding the balance transfers, I just got some transfer checks in the mail... 3.99% APR till 5/2015 with 4% fee... $10 minimum. Don't have a need for a BT though... I got this card to buy an iPhone at 0% and to get myself in the door with Barclays... and I've succeeded at both.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.