Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple: Need a new computer but getting ready to buy a car

tag
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple: Need a new computer but getting ready to buy a car

Good info. That might be a good choice since a new account might hurt my score, but at the same time I probably could use the available credit in the long run...

oh decisions decisions!
Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 11 of 26
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@laurasiew wrote:
Good info. That might be a good choice since a new account might hurt my score, but at the same time I probably could use the available credit in the long run...

oh decisions decisions!

Ye I hear ya on that!

I've ordered two MacBook Pros (one an open box -- smokin' deal!) and a color laser printer this last year. Didn't really need them, but with the account hidden I just couldn't resist. Way high interest rate if you don't pay off the promo in time.

Message 12 of 26
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

ugh. I went ahead and applied for apple AMD got a denial. Called for a recon and they're closed!
Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 13 of 26
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

No matter where you wind up getting your financing, if you buy at Mac Mall you'll still save a ton of $.  They have a brand-new, one model back section that's 25% off sticker on some items.  I check it every day.

Here's the dircect link:

http://www.macmall.com/n/Apple-Closeout-Blowout/macCustomPages-3964

Also, note how they are low on stock... the next round of macs is due out in the next 4-8 weeks.  I know you hate your tablet, but you might just want try to hold off for a few weeks so you LITERALLY aren't wasting money. (Any computer you buy today will be 10-30% cheaper in a month.

More proof to the rumor of the new macs:

• Best Buy has all their macs on sale, apple doesn't let them do this unless they are trying to burn through stock
  • OSX Mountain Lion was announced 4 weeks ago, They usually hit the machines 8-12 weeks later and boxed versions are avail 8-12 weeks after that.  Apple said Mountain Lion is coming in "summer" which makes that timeframe work.
  • Apple usually updates their computers 2x/year. (early and late models) the last refresh was Oct of last year (I think)... they're right on schedule.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 14 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@laurasiew wrote:
ugh. I went ahead and applied for apple AMD got a denial. Called for a recon and they're closed!

Let them know your interested in the financing offer, they're going to ask questions about your report. Be prepared to answer for anything on your report.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 26
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

You know apple sure makes some nice computers, but if buying the car is a priority need rather than want, why dont you spend 450 bucks on a dell from walmart. I know they are no apple, but heck, it would get you a computer for now, and the car buying should be easier and maybe have better rates without that higher utilization.

Just my opinion of coirse.
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris123nTx wrote:
You know apple sure makes some nice computers, but if buying the car is a priority need rather than want, why dont you spend 450 bucks on a dell from walmart. I know they are no apple, but heck, it would get you a computer for now, and the car buying should be easier and maybe have better rates without that higher utilization.

Just my opinion of coirse.

It *might* be possible that the OP's occupation depends on Macs like mine does. Xcode, the program that you write code for iphone apps in, wont run on a pc or anything else.  Then again this is a very specific circumstance.

Message 17 of 26
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Good point. I was at best buy the other day and dang some of those apples make me drool. I just have such a hard time spending the money.
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris123nTx wrote:
Good point. I was at best buy the other day and dang some of those apples make me drool. I just have such a hard time spending the money.

I never have that problem because I keep mine very close to new with invisible shields and such. When I go to sell them I usually get all but 100 back from my original purchase. Apple devs were given information on the iPad released today in advance. I decided itd be best to sell my iPad 2 nearly 1 month before since no one wants an iPad 2 when the 3rd is out. After 4 hours of battling Apple's site I finaly got my order placed through Amex's points mall.

Message 19 of 26
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Sweet. Do they have.delivery dates on the ipad3 yet? I do think i am going to invest in the new one. Think verizon has a no contract 10 gig for 80 bucks a month. Something close to that anyway.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.