Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay Locations?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Pay Locations?

@surehit wrote:

As far as Best Buy goes EMV and NFC (Apple Pay) hardware has been rolled out to all locations, it is being enabled with a software update that is currently complete in the vast majority of stores, and will be in all stores very shortly.

I checked my local one on Friday - No go. 

There was a mastercard site that someone posted that if they take X MC (was it contactless?) then they'll likely/maybe accept Apple Pay. You can search the big Apple Pay thread or someone may post it here. 

Message 11 of 21
thecheese
Established Member

Message 12 of 21
surehit
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@surehit wrote:

As far as Best Buy goes EMV and NFC (Apple Pay) hardware has been rolled out to all locations, it is being enabled with a software update that is currently complete in the vast majority of stores, and will be in all stores very shortly.

There was a mastercard site that someone posted that if they take X MC (was it contactless?) then they'll likely/maybe accept Apple Pay. You can search the big Apple Pay thread or someone may post it here. 

That's strange, out of curiosity, did you actually try it? Or did the associate just say that it didn't work? 

AMEX Platinum Gold - NPSL | Citi ThankYou Premiere 20k | NASA Platinum Rewards - 20k | Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - 5k x 5 (Not sure why I needed 5.... but still....) | Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 21K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 15K | Ritz Carlton Card - 10k | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k | BECU Visa - 3k |Barclaycard Rewards - 2k | Chase Amazon Rewards - 1k | Discover IT Student - 500 | Chase Slate - 500 | Walmart Store Card - 700 | BBY CitiBank - 1500 | BBY CitiBank -1000

Eq (MyFico) 767 | TU (FICO) 759 | Ex (FAKO): 749
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@surehit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@surehit wrote:

That's strange, out of curiosity, did you actually try it? Or did the associate just say that it didn't work? 

Associate said they'd had update but not activated yet, or something to that effect. I wasn't in to buy something, just driving by and doing some recon. 

Message 14 of 21
surehit
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Associate said they'd had update but not activated yet, or something to that effect. I wasn't in to buy something, just driving by and doing some recon. 

Gotcha. As far as I am aware it should be enabled in all stores at this point, but it's possible that not all associates are aware. If the EMV slot has the lights flashing on both sides of it, then NFC should be activated as well. 

AMEX Platinum Gold - NPSL | Citi ThankYou Premiere 20k | NASA Platinum Rewards - 20k | Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - 5k x 5 (Not sure why I needed 5.... but still....) | Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 21K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 15K | Ritz Carlton Card - 10k | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k | BECU Visa - 3k |Barclaycard Rewards - 2k | Chase Amazon Rewards - 1k | Discover IT Student - 500 | Chase Slate - 500 | Walmart Store Card - 700 | BBY CitiBank - 1500 | BBY CitiBank -1000

Eq (MyFico) 767 | TU (FICO) 759 | Ex (FAKO): 749
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also check on the Maps app on iPhone (not google maps, the native Apple maps app)

Search for a merchant and open up the "Overview", there will be an Apple Pay logo next to the Price section if they take it. If they don't, there will just be an empty space next to the $$$ icons.

I don't know how often it's updated but 2 of the 5 best buys I searched near me had the Apple Pay icon.
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You can also check on the Maps app on iPhone (not google maps, the native Apple maps app)

Search for a merchant and open up the "Overview", there will be an Apple Pay logo next to the Price section if they take it. If they don't, there will just be an empty space next to the $$$ icons.

I don't know how often it's updated but 2 of the 5 best buys I searched near me had the Apple Pay icon.

On Maps (apple, not google) on my iphone I tried three near me, three in the greater LA area and two in the bay area. Nope. Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know that Apple's maps has that functionality. I just tried the local GameStop and no go. Best Buy is a little farther afield, I might try it later.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worked at my local Best Buy last Wednesday

Message 19 of 21
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know that Apple's maps has that functionality. I just tried the local GameStop and no go. Best Buy is a little farther afield, I might try it later.

It is good but not 100% right. I tried 2 Chevron stations that show Apple Pay ready on their website, it said only 1 get Apple Pay and the other there is no icon, the one without the icon I used Apple Pay there this past week.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.