Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple financing (Barcley Card)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple financing (Barcley Card)

Yep definitely, call the number on the back of your card explain to them that you want the new MacBook Pro REtina but the promo timeframe and the time to ship are at least 4 weeks apart which you "fear" would hinder your use of the card for the promo, they are usually 24 hours.  My approval date, which was 11/22/2015. I ordered finally the week of Christmas and it was CTO which took time to build it wasn't an immediate shipped item.

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more question Smiley Happy When I apply in-store (and get approved), I can buy immediately, but when I apply online, I would need to wait until the card arrives (e.g. to buy online), is that correct?

Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One more question Smiley Happy When I apply in-store (and get approved), I can buy immediately, but when I apply online, I would need to wait until the card arrives (e.g. to buy online), is that correct?

I didn't have to wait.  It applied it right after; thats the 'get' of applying while buying online; so you can use it immediately.

Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just yesterday I was approved for the Apple Card! I applied online and at first I wasn't approved for whatever reason, but I called and the representative approved me right away after asking a few questions. You can use your credit online and in store without the card, there's a link on their website when you check out that lets you do that. Use the online chat and they will walk you through. Very simple process! 

I was approved for $1000, I bought an iPhone and an external battery for $730, so utilization on that single card is gonna be high. However, I think utilization is calculated as a whole, on all of your available credit. In that case, overall utilization in my case will be 20%-25%. I will try to pay off the iPhone soon to avoid having high utilization, I just didn't want to use my savings to buy an iPhone. 

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask your CS since you got approved for 'only' $1000? 

Since I want to buy a Macbook Pro, I would need a higher limit.

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Barclay is a bit more on the conservative side in terms of not just using your scores in the full determination. They look at your overall credit profile and they pulled EX on me..my worse in terms of accounts reporting there that don't report on other CRAs. I was originally approved for $2.5k myself and my scores were low 600s then but hardly no inqs, I was more AU on several accounts and only 2 CCs and 2 student loans with some collections at that time. They moved it to $2.9k about 2 months later, and there it has sat, in fact I just posted about a rude little interaction with them.

Overall if you're not approved for enough on your SL, you can also pair the instant approval with another credit/debit card in checkout, but it will only let you do that after it uses your entire available SL on the Barclay card, it prompts you to add the 2nd card automatically too.

Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this card last year but ended up closing it because Barclay wouldnt budge to recon the limit. It was such a frustrating experience for me. 

Good luck with your purchase!

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to give a quick update that I was approved a 2k limit without any problems. But in the process, my credit score (on creditkarma) dropped 50(!!) points. Is this normal?

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just wanted to give a quick update that I was approved a 2k limit without any problems. But in the process, my credit score (on creditkarma) dropped 50(!!) points. Is this normal?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to CK as it's not a FICO score, BUT... it probably dropped due to a slash in your Credit Age of Accounts and/or the Inquiry. It will bounce back in due time... nothing to be too worried about. And congrats on the card! Barclay was my first non Capital One card when I joined this website. They also gave me a 2k CL which was my highest line of credit and that's how I got started Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.