Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple financing offers through Barclay

tag
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple financing offers through Barclay

I prefer to use BML for financing my Apple.com purchases opposed to the Apple Financing Card from Barclays. 

- BML gets you 6 months No Interest/No Payments schedule on ALL Significant Apple Purchases, not just for new accounts. 

- If the Barclays card did the same, and was a true Apple Financing card on ALL Apple.com/Store Purchases instead of just being an Intro Teaser into what is a rather bland No Frills Visa it would get seriously better consideration from me as I do heavy Apple purchasing. 

Message 11 of 25
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

I prefer to use BML for financing my Apple.com purchases opposed to the Apple Financing Card from Barclays. 

- BML gets you 6 months No Interest/No Payments schedule on ALL Significant Apple Purchases, not just for new accounts. 

- If the Barclays card did the same, and was a true Apple Financing card on ALL Apple.com/Store Purchases instead of just being an Intro Teaser into what is a rather bland No Frills Visa it would get seriously better consideration from me as I do heavy Apple purchasing. 

I wish BML gave me a better limit...but Barclays card is up to $5.3k so kinda hard to take BML at its $1.2k limit that wont increase because the repeatedly pull a credit report from almost 8 months ago now....grrrr...

Message 12 of 25
NYFan63
Established Contributor

I have a TU 659 and Exp 636, a BK7 discharged 1/10 and just got approved by Barclay/Apple for $2k.  Thanks my FICO for all the gret advice shared here!

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 13 of 25
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I have the Apple card and since they won't offer anything on Apple products for 0% past the promo period, I decided to call and see if I could PC or just transfer CL to my US Airways card.  After a few CSR's I was told they could move the CLI over so I accepted.  I went from $10K to $14K.  So far Barclay's has been very helpful to me.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 14 of 25
Brax
Frequent Contributor

I also got the 0% offer in August that expires the end of this month (or Nov. 1, can't remember exact cutoff). It was my first 0% promo offer as an existing cardmember after being a cardmember for 2 years. As I was in my 2nd year with the card at zero balance, it seems that sporadic, minimal use (a few dollars 2-3 times a year) helped trigger the offer.

Message 15 of 25
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to update -  I got the financing visa about 6 months ago.  Needed  a new phone.  Called Barclay around 9/20 and asked if the promo could be extended to my purchase, they said yes and put a note on my account.  CSR also said anytime the promo is running, just call ahead to get promo.  The trans was pending for a few days, then dropped off.  Phone was on backorder until October so I figured I'd get charged when the phone shipped - I did.  Charge finally posts 10/28 (got phone yesterday) so I call Barclay to be sure it's on the 6 month promo.  CSR states purchase needs to be made within 30 days from promo extention, and the CSR's are no longer allowed to extend promo.  I explained what happened, gave order number dated for 9/23 and said it will be sent to back office for review.  So at this point I don't know what will happen.  So YMMV on whether or not Barclay will extend beyond promo period.  Even seemed like CSR was insinuating I was lying - mentioned 2x about his friend that ordered on 10/1 and got his phone 10/4. 

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 16 of 25
JonStur
Established Contributor

Way to go!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 17 of 25
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@Rain77 wrote:

Just wanted to update -  I got the financing visa about 6 months ago.  Needed  a new phone.  Called Barclay around 9/20 and asked if the promo could be extended to my purchase, they said yes and put a note on my account.  CSR also said anytime the promo is running, just call ahead to get promo.  The trans was pending for a few days, then dropped off.  Phone was on backorder until October so I figured I'd get charged when the phone shipped - I did.  Charge finally posts 10/28 (got phone yesterday) so I call Barclay to be sure it's on the 6 month promo.  CSR states purchase needs to be made within 30 days from promo extention, and the CSR's are no longer allowed to extend promo.  I explained what happened, gave order number dated for 9/23 and said it will be sent to back office for review.  So at this point I don't know what will happen.  So YMMV on whether or not Barclay will extend beyond promo period.  Even seemed like CSR was insinuating I was lying - mentioned 2x about his friend that ordered on 10/1 and got his phone 10/4. 

Good Going with the extention...But it really is Stupid that you have to call each time to get extended an offer.... It should work like all other Financing Lines of Credit with specific retailers....All purchases at Apple over a certain amount should qualify for 0% Financing. 

I mean really after the teaser promo runs out, what is the point of this card? If you're not getting Financing Deals on Apple Purchases. 

Message 18 of 25
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@Rain77 wrote:

Good Going with the extention...But it really is Stupid that you have to call each time to get extended an offer.... It should work like all other Financing Lines of Credit with specific retailers....All purchases at Apple over a certain amount should qualify for 0% Financing. 

I mean really after the teaser promo runs out, what is the point of this card? If you're not getting Financing Deals on Apple Purchases. 

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

This sums it up perfectly!!! 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 19 of 25
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Totally agree BB212.  When I opened the card they said it wouldn't be a problem, just call.  I thought that's a pain, but ok, no biggie.  Now the CSR is acting like this isn't doable any more.  But I've read Barclay CSR's can be a little difficult and need to call a couple times to land on a good one.  Matter fact, I may call back tomorrow to follow up.  CSR wasn't clear on how I will know if they approved the extention or how long it would take.  

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.