Reply
Regular Contributor
Blackbeauty212
Posts: 144
Registered: ‎03-08-2012
0

Re: Apple financing offers through Barclay

[ Edited ]

I prefer to use BML for financing my Apple.com purchases opposed to the Apple Financing Card from Barclays. 

 

- BML gets you 6 months No Interest/No Payments schedule on ALL Significant Apple Purchases, not just for new accounts. 

 

- If the Barclays card did the same, and was a true Apple Financing card on ALL Apple.com/Store Purchases instead of just being an Intro Teaser into what is a rather bland No Frills Visa it would get seriously better consideration from me as I do heavy Apple purchasing. 

Established Contributor
shane82388
Posts: 979
Registered: ‎07-16-2010
0

Re: Apple financing offers through Barclay


Blackbeauty212 wrote:

I prefer to use BML for financing my Apple.com purchases opposed to the Apple Financing Card from Barclays. 

 

- BML gets you 6 months No Interest/No Payments schedule on ALL Significant Apple Purchases, not just for new accounts. 

 

- If the Barclays card did the same, and was a true Apple Financing card on ALL Apple.com/Store Purchases instead of just being an Intro Teaser into what is a rather bland No Frills Visa it would get seriously better consideration from me as I do heavy Apple purchasing. 


I wish BML gave me a better limit...but Barclays card is up to $5.3k so kinda hard to take BML at its $1.2k limit that wont increase because the repeatedly pull a credit report from almost 8 months ago now....grrrr...

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Regular Contributor
NYFan63
Posts: 212
Registered: ‎10-28-2013
0

Re: Apple financing offers through Barclay

I have a TU 659 and Exp 636, a BK7 discharged 1/10 and just got approved by Barclay/Apple for $2k.  Thanks my FICO for all the gret advice shared here!

NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival 10.2k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 5k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 5.6k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 2k, BestBuy 1k
Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ 674 (10/8/14), TU CAP1 693 (10/24/14) EX 690 (10/4/14 NASA)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til Sept 2015
Frequent Contributor
dallasjetfan
Posts: 496
Registered: ‎03-06-2007
0

Re: Apple financing offers through Barclay

I have the Apple card and since they won't offer anything on Apple products for 0% past the promo period, I decided to call and see if I could PC or just transfer CL to my US Airways card.  After a few CSR's I was told they could move the CLI over so I accepted.  I went from $10K to $14K.  So far Barclay's has been very helpful to me.

Barclays US Air $15K| TTCU $13K| Chase Slate $10K| Citi Simplicity $10K| Discover IT $6K
Regular Contributor
Brax
Posts: 212
Registered: ‎03-28-2013
0

Re: Apple financing offers through Barclay

I also got the 0% offer in August that expires the end of this month (or Nov. 1, can't remember exact cutoff). It was my first 0% promo offer as an existing cardmember after being a cardmember for 2 years. As I was in my 2nd year with the card at zero balance, it seems that sporadic, minimal use (a few dollars 2-3 times a year) helped trigger the offer.

FICO Scores as of 10/31/14: EX 786, EQ 818, TU 808

Frequent Contributor
Rain77
Posts: 328
Registered: ‎02-24-2012
0

Re: Apple financing offers through Barclay

Just wanted to update -  I got the financing visa about 6 months ago.  Needed  a new phone.  Called Barclay around 9/20 and asked if the promo could be extended to my purchase, they said yes and put a note on my account.  CSR also said anytime the promo is running, just call ahead to get promo.  The trans was pending for a few days, then dropped off.  Phone was on backorder until October so I figured I'd get charged when the phone shipped - I did.  Charge finally posts 10/28 (got phone yesterday) so I call Barclay to be sure it's on the 6 month promo.  CSR states purchase needs to be made within 30 days from promo extention, and the CSR's are no longer allowed to extend promo.  I explained what happened, gave order number dated for 9/23 and said it will be sent to back office for review.  So at this point I don't know what will happen.  So YMMV on whether or not Barclay will extend beyond promo period.  Even seemed like CSR was insinuating I was lying - mentioned 2x about his friend that ordered on 10/1 and got his phone 10/4. 



Last HP 8/29/14

Established Contributor
JonStur
Posts: 905
Registered: ‎12-25-2010
0

Re: Apple financing offers through Barclay

Way to go!!!!


Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Regular Contributor
Blackbeauty212
Posts: 144
Registered: ‎03-08-2012
0

Re: Apple financing offers through Barclay


Rain77 wrote:

Just wanted to update -  I got the financing visa about 6 months ago.  Needed  a new phone.  Called Barclay around 9/20 and asked if the promo could be extended to my purchase, they said yes and put a note on my account.  CSR also said anytime the promo is running, just call ahead to get promo.  The trans was pending for a few days, then dropped off.  Phone was on backorder until October so I figured I'd get charged when the phone shipped - I did.  Charge finally posts 10/28 (got phone yesterday) so I call Barclay to be sure it's on the 6 month promo.  CSR states purchase needs to be made within 30 days from promo extention, and the CSR's are no longer allowed to extend promo.  I explained what happened, gave order number dated for 9/23 and said it will be sent to back office for review.  So at this point I don't know what will happen.  So YMMV on whether or not Barclay will extend beyond promo period.  Even seemed like CSR was insinuating I was lying - mentioned 2x about his friend that ordered on 10/1 and got his phone 10/4. 


Good Going with the extention...But it really is Stupid that you have to call each time to get extended an offer.... It should work like all other Financing Lines of Credit with specific retailers....All purchases at Apple over a certain amount should qualify for 0% Financing. 

 

I mean really after the teaser promo runs out, what is the point of this card? If you're not getting Financing Deals on Apple Purchases. 

Established Contributor
masscredit
Posts: 773
Registered: ‎07-17-2012
0

Re: Apple financing offers through Barclay


Blackbeauty212 wrote:

Rain77 wrote:

Just wanted to update -  I got the financing visa about 6 months ago.  Needed  a new phone.  Called Barclay around 9/20 and asked if the promo could be extended to my purchase, they said yes and put a note on my account.  CSR also said anytime the promo is running, just call ahead to get promo.  The trans was pending for a few days, then dropped off.  Phone was on backorder until October so I figured I'd get charged when the phone shipped - I did.  Charge finally posts 10/28 (got phone yesterday) so I call Barclay to be sure it's on the 6 month promo.  CSR states purchase needs to be made within 30 days from promo extention, and the CSR's are no longer allowed to extend promo.  I explained what happened, gave order number dated for 9/23 and said it will be sent to back office for review.  So at this point I don't know what will happen.  So YMMV on whether or not Barclay will extend beyond promo period.  Even seemed like CSR was insinuating I was lying - mentioned 2x about his friend that ordered on 10/1 and got his phone 10/4. 


Good Going with the extention...But it really is Stupid that you have to call each time to get extended an offer.... It should work like all other Financing Lines of Credit with specific retailers....All purchases at Apple over a certain amount should qualify for 0% Financing. 

 

I mean really after the teaser promo runs out, what is the point of this card? If you're not getting Financing Deals on Apple Purchases. 



Blackbeauty212 wrote:

Good Going with the extention...But it really is Stupid that you have to call each time to get extended an offer.... It should work like all other Financing Lines of Credit with specific retailers....All purchases at Apple over a certain amount should qualify for 0% Financing. 

 

I mean really after the teaser promo runs out, what is the point of this card? If you're not getting Financing Deals on Apple Purchases. 


This sums it up perfectly!!! 


|****$6000****|****$6000*****|****$4500*****|****$2500****|****$1600****|****$3000****|******$1350******|*****$700*****|
EX - 657 (MyFico 10/02/14) TU - 655 (Walmart 10/10/14 ) EQ 04 - 699 (DCU -09/26/14) EQ 08 - 658 (MyFico -10/25/14)
Frequent Contributor
Rain77
Posts: 328
Registered: ‎02-24-2012
0

Re: Apple financing offers through Barclay

[ Edited ]

Totally agree BB212.  When I opened the card they said it wouldn't be a problem, just call.  I thought that's a pain, but ok, no biggie.  Now the CSR is acting like this isn't doable any more.  But I've read Barclay CSR's can be a little difficult and need to call a couple times to land on a good one.  Matter fact, I may call back tomorrow to follow up.  CSR wasn't clear on how I will know if they approved the extention or how long it would take.  



Last HP 8/29/14


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}