cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple financing - options

tag
kantoku

Apple financing - options

With the yesterday announcement from Apple, i'd like to buy myself a new macbook pro, so I have a question how to proceed:

- Barclay financing - apply for a new credit with 0% APR for 18 months

- Discover - nice 5% cash back on apple purchase

There are few issues though:

1. I had an app spree 2 months ago and got a plenty of new cards, including barclay mastercard rewards for avg credit ($1.3k limit)

2. My discover limit is $1k only, and is 2 months old as well.

My AAoA is ~3 months now.

So, what any advice on how to proceed?

- Should i apply for barclay financing? What are my chances to get approved for $3k limit? (i have $7k and $6k cobranded chase cards & $3.5k Amex, as well as plenty of others)

- Should i request Discover CLI by phone? The card is just 2 months old, and doesn't have the CLI section on the site enabled?

- CLI on the Barclaycard rewards has already been declined as they want to see longer payment history.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple financing - options

Discover's CLI policy is every 90 days. You won't be eligible for a CLI until then. Of course, you can always call and ask. If you've already been denied for a CLI from Barclay, it's probably not looking good for your chances at financing from them. But again, you can always call - it's possible that they may be more amenable with the financing option since you're buying something.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 3
kantoku

Re: Apple financing - options

Called both banks.

Discover says that they want to see 3 full billing cycles before processing CLI, so it's even more than 90 days.

Barclay denied CLI due to high amount of credit lines opened within past 3 months.

So, as of now I will have to stick to Amex or Chase as it seems - waiting for my 61 day CLI while on 0 APR or getting marriott/united rewards instead.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.