Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone Upgrade Program Reporting Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple iPhone Upgrade Program Reporting Question

Sorry if this is in the wrong area-didn't know where to post.

Does the iPhone upgrade Program from Apple report as an installment loan? If so will this take care of FICO telling me I don't have any recent non mortgage loans?
Also-they pull TU for this right? (If anyone knows)
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple iPhone Upgrade Program Reporting Question

I am not sure if it reports that way but the fine print does state that it is an installment loan:

Available to qualified customers with a credit check and eligible U.S. credit card. Requires a 24-month installment loan with a 0% APR from Citizens Bank, N.A. (subject to any interest, fees, or other costs payable to the issuer of the credit card), purchase of AppleCare+, and iPhone activation with one of these national carriers: AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon. Activation on T-Mobile available in the Apple Store. Sales tax and any applicable fees due at time of purchase. Full terms apply. See terms at www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/iphoneupgrade_us/.
Message 2 of 7
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

From what I have read from people that have had the iPhone upgrade program, it doesn't report.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe it reports....

Message 4 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP,

It doesn't report; however, if you miss a payment, that will report!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 7
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

No. But if you default on payments, they send it to a collections agency that will report it. (same with any utility type)

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks all. That sucks. Was thinking I could kill 2 birds with one stone.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.