cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple pay, ISIS, Tap to pay questions.

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple pay, ISIS, Tap to pay questions.

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I tried reading thru all the posts here, and I am still an little confused I am going to just try it out and see what happens. I will try it at few different places like cvs, starbucks, and home depot, if they have nfc payments there. 

As far as ISIS vs Google Wallet, I think isis in the end will probably win out. They have 3 of the 4 major carriers in tow, and some of the bigger banks, so they probably have more money to throw at guranteeing their service will win out. I recall an while ago vzw and att blocked wallet even working on their phones so they could promote isis. I don't know if that is true anymore. 

Google Wallet isn't Blocked any more since Google bypassed it. 

I just checked it and it works on my htc one m7, well its not blocked. I have yet to try it in real world. I went to shakeshack for their oktoberfest sandwiches today but they don't do nfc lol , i had to take out my CSP for that one. I want to try it at cvs one of these days. I have added 3 different cards on Google Wallet. 

Any Android device running Android 4.4 or later can run Wallet with no restrictions with exception of the HTC EVO 4G and nexus 7 2012 tablet 

yeah i have it installed on both my htc one running 4.4.2 and my nexus 7 running 4.4.4. I would feel like biggest doofus using n7 for nfc payment tho . 

Naaa.... Try buying one of those 7 inch phones or tablets that allows you to make phone calls lol 

I can't find that many palces that do nfc payments. mostly drug stores like walgreens or cvs, and maybe an gas station or two if i ever go inside for an water or something. The thing i am wondering is how it handles if you get bonus spending. I am not quite sure how it goes thru google wallet card or thru your own card. 

I don't notice much places that take NFC payments. CVS near me takes those RFID payments but not NFC 

i will give cvs or walgreens an go and maybe convenience store. Guess i will still have to take my cc with me still lol. When is apple pay supposed to be usable for people with iphone 6 or 6 plus ?

October

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 31 of 39
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I tried reading thru all the posts here, and I am still an little confused I am going to just try it out and see what happens. I will try it at few different places like cvs, starbucks, and home depot, if they have nfc payments there. 

As far as ISIS vs Google Wallet, I think isis in the end will probably win out. They have 3 of the 4 major carriers in tow, and some of the bigger banks, so they probably have more money to throw at guranteeing their service will win out. I recall an while ago vzw and att blocked wallet even working on their phones so they could promote isis. I don't know if that is true anymore. 

I just checked it and it works on my htc one m7, well its not blocked. I have yet to try it in real world. I went to shakeshack for their oktoberfest sandwiches today but they don't do nfc lol , i had to take out my CSP for that one. I want to try it at cvs one of these days. I have added 3 different cards on Google Wallet. 

Any Android device running Android 4.4 or later can run Wallet with no restrictions with exception of the HTC EVO 4G and nexus 7 2012 tablet 

yeah i have it installed on both my htc one running 4.4.2 and my nexus 7 running 4.4.4. I would feel like biggest doofus using n7 for nfc payment tho . 

Naaa.... Try buying one of those 7 inch phones or tablets that allows you to make phone calls lol 

I can't find that many palces that do nfc payments. mostly drug stores like walgreens or cvs, and maybe an gas station or two if i ever go inside for an water or something. The thing i am wondering is how it handles if you get bonus spending. I am not quite sure how it goes thru google wallet card or thru your own card. 

I don't notice much places that take NFC payments. CVS near me takes those RFID payments but not NFC 

i will give cvs or walgreens an go and maybe convenience store. Guess i will still have to take my cc with me still lol. When is apple pay supposed to be usable for people with iphone 6 or 6 plus ?

October

Well October seems to be an interesting month for tech then , an bunch of new products coming out. I will have to keep my eyes peeled for stores i can use nfc to pay. Is there an list somewhere that you can see where you can use nfc on your phone to pay?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 32 of 39
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

Well October seems to be an interesting month for tech then , an bunch of new products coming out. I will have to keep my eyes peeled for stores i can use nfc to pay. Is there an list somewhere that you can see where you can use nfc on your phone to pay?

idk. Did find a map for any place who takes EMV in the states at Flyer Talk 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 33 of 39
Gollum
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

October

I look for the icon http://www.mastercard.com/contactless/img/contactless.png on the pay terminal/device.  NFC (tap and pay) currently works at major chain retailers / fast food restaurants.  Individual businesses may already have the required pay device, but not the training/knowhow so it can be used properly.  This is a transition period, so if your favorite non-chain business has not correctly implemented it yet, be nice: don't hold it against them... someone at that business is trying.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone knows that Apple will be the major one to dominate the market.

Message 35 of 39
Techno
Contributor

Can confirm that verizon tries hard to push SoftCard, as a verizon sales rep we get 15 bucks for each member we sign up and they get 25, so they are willing to "lose" some money in the short term to gain popularity of the brand.

Message 36 of 39
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Gollum wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

October

I look for the icon http://www.mastercard.com/contactless/img/contactless.png on the pay terminal/device.  NFC (tap and pay) currently works at major chain retailers / fast food restaurants.  Individual businesses may already have the required pay device, but not the training/knowhow so it can be used properly.  This is a transition period, so if your favorite non-chain business has not correctly implemented it yet, be nice: don't hold it against them... someone at that business is trying.

Thats is good to know, thanks. I will try and keep my eyes peeled when i goto one of those place to see if they have it. 

Message 37 of 39
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

The tech blogs have shown the Apple Pay screen in the upcoming 8.1 OS upgrade so I have to imagine it's coming next week or shortly after the iPad/Mac event on the 16th. Can't wait!

I was at Walgreens the other day and I was telling the cashier I was excited for Apple Pay. She looked at me like I had two heads. She was also like 70 years old so there's that!

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 38 of 39
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@OHWWCB wrote:
The tech blogs have shown the Apple Pay screen in the upcoming 8.1 OS upgrade so I have to imagine it's coming next week or shortly after the iPad/Mac event on the 16th. Can't wait!

I was at Walgreens the other day and I was telling the cashier I was excited for Apple Pay. She looked at me like I had two heads. She was also like 70 years old so there's that!

I still haven't tried google wallet yet i haven't found any reliable places where i would shop to test it out. 

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.