cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Spree results..Set now and a little shocking!

tag
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Re: Application Spree results..Set now and a little shocking!

I have always felt that setting myself up for potential problems and then dealing with those is better than doing/having nothing with no future potential problems.

Message 31 of 35
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I will re-post a quote of mine.  "Just a reminder that freezing one CRA in an attempt to manipulate that another CRA is pulled for an inquiry is unethical and a violation of our credit repair guideliines."

We can debate as much as we want about whether this is unethical but for now the powers that be at myFICO have deemed it to be such. Any advocating or promotion of such tactics will be edited and/or removed.

There are pleny of other sites that seem to welcome any and all types of questionable approaches to credit repair but not this one.

Message 32 of 35
mkm77
Regular Contributor

The fact that I froze my credit reports WAS NOT THE POINT OF MY POST. The point was the importance of a claen file. I simply gave an overall picture of what I did and to be honest I learned about credit freezes FROM THIS SITE. I never heard of such or even comtemplated it or even considered it at the time as unethical. One of the bads was something I didn't feel belonged on my credit report. I am completly removing the original post.

Message 33 of 35
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@mkm77 wrote:

The fact that I froze my credit reports WAS NOT THE POINT OF MY POST. The point was the importance of a claen file. I simply gave an overall picture of what I did and to be honest I learned about credit freezes FROM THIS SITE. I never heard of such or even comtemplated it or even considered it at the time as unethical. One of the bads was something I didn't feel belonged on my credit report. I am completly removing the original post.

I don't believe I accused you of doing anything wrong. Credit freezes are a legitimate tactic with our credit. My words were directed towards those that might comtemplate using the credit freeze in ways it was never intended. They weren't directed at you personally.

I'm sorry you edited your post but that's your decision.

Message 34 of 35
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Well I mis-understood you and thought you might have to remove my post. If I had it saved I would repost original message. If you have a copy then feel free to re-post or send to me and I'll repost
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.