cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Spree results..Set now and a little shocking!

tag
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Re: Application Spree results..Set now and a little shocking!

@GST2008 wrote:

Won't all these cards essentially make your AAoA equate to 25 minutes?Smiley Wink

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing.

Love the approvals though. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 35
mkm77
Regular Contributor

I really don't care at this point what my AAoA is...Not going to be applying for anything in near future but I really don't think anyone really cares that much about AAoA. They do care about all the new accounts in the short run. Let's say I had a ton of 20 plus year old accounts and my AAoA was still 8 years. NO creditor would care at all what my AAoA was...But they would be afraid of all the new accounts.
Message 12 of 35
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

@mkm77 wrote:
I really don't care at this point what my AAoA is...Not going to be applying for anything in near future but I really don't think anyone really cares that much about AAoA. They do care about all the new accounts in the short run. Let's say I had a ton of 20 plus year old accounts and my AAoA was still 8 years. NO creditor would care at all what my AAoA was...But they would be afraid of all the new accounts.

I agree with that. I can't wait for my first spree. I don't see that happening for about another year, though. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 35
teenastie
Established Contributor

Question for the OP...

What's the logic associated with freezing your EX report? Were you trying to stop creditors from pulling all 3 reports???

Message 14 of 35
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Initially yes
Message 15 of 35
teenastie
Established Contributor

@mkm77 wrote:
Initially yes

So...

A Credit Card Company can pull 2 of 3 reports and that's acceptable but pulling all 3 is a deal breaker?!? This forum has gotten too sensitve to inq's Smiley Embarassed.

Message 16 of 35
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Message 17 of 35
Cesarlopez
Established Member

Correct me if I'm wrong.... but wouldn't an APP spree in some ways help in the future? I'm thinking a whole bunch of new cards now would buffer your AAoA later on down the road. Lets say 5 years from know when you apply for 2 cards it won't even put a ding in your AAoA at all.

CAP1 Venture $3k & No Hassel $750 / Discover More 2.5k / AMEX ZYNC NPSL & Delta 2k / FirstTech CU Visa 2k / USAA AMEX 1k / Sam's 2.2k / Amazon 1.9k / Walmart $800 /
Message 18 of 35
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Exactly...Im going to be building a new house in 2 years and I will have zero inquiries or no accounts.

Message 19 of 35
teenastie
Established Contributor

@mkm77 wrote:

If you would actually read what I wrote you would see that it was because I had bads on the other 2....I put together a case to help people that might need info, not skim over it and then question my tactics which were VERY SUCCESSFUL. I didn't want any praise and I din't want any scrutiny of how I handled my credit...Just trying to provide information for those that might care.

I read everything you posted. I didn't want to jump to any conclusions or assume anything... It seemed as though you wanted to "control" which CR the creditor pulled... This is an ethical issue and could get a mods attention. To quote MVV in an older posts:

"Just a reminder that freezing one CRA in an attempt to manipulate that another CRA is pulled for an inquiry is unethical and a violation of our credit repair guideliines."

The fact that your "tactics" were "very successful" doesn't matter. The fact that you didn't give your creditors access to ALL your reports does. That's not the reason we have credit freezes. 

Consider reading Chase deserves to be slapped it goes over the issue.

I read the disclaimer about "praise" and "scrutiny" let's be honest... Why put it on this forum if you wanted neither. Also, you don't seem to have any issues with the praise. I supposed you opened yourself up to both Smiley Wink

Congrats on your successful App Spree!

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.