cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Spree results..Set now and a little shocking!

tag
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Re: Application Spree results..Set now and a little shocking!

Thanks for letting me know what's ethical and policing the forums...

So none here should do a PFD either. I mean you were late right? The were reporting such right? Then its unethical to have them change your report. How about Goodwill letters? Those too are unethical. Lenders should never agree to ANY Goodwill because again you screwed up right? VERY UNETHICAL. How about paying your cards down to raise your score even if you plan to recharge them later or worse yet, transferring the debt to your wife's credit card. Horrible!! This whole site is EXTREMELY UNETHICAL teaching people how to repair their credit...

What about when a woman "hides" her natural look and wear make-up? Can you think of a worse thing?? Very Very unethical!!

To present your best foot is what you do with anything in life...My best report is Equifax so that is what I want them to look at and in my opinion is what has a true outlook on how I pay bills.

To claim what you claim is ridiculous. In my opinion of course. Now that I feel that I answered your input can we not start a flame war (I just used a blowtorch and wanting a seize fire now) and become internet pals? And I hope you aren’t a judge or anything like that! Smiley Surprised

Message 21 of 35
oracles
Valued Contributor

I think you guys are becoming to overly sensitive and too serious.

Congrats mkm77. good job,  I know you didnt want the congrats but i am giving it to you anyway lol

You did what was best for you and you accomplished alot doing it. kudos to you.

Guys lets calm down cuz you are missing the true meaning of this post which is the importance of patience and waiting until you can get the best report possible to get the most out of it.

Again congrats

Thanks

Message 22 of 35
Link2k
Valued Member

Backdating is clearly unethical. Amex is a group of no good liars lol. :

Message 23 of 35
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

The ethics and standards of this board aside (not to dismiss them, but I am suggesting I am not disagreeing with those set standards): 

Something previously posted got my attention. The statment  "The fact that your "tactics" were "very successful" doesn't matter. The fact that you didn't give your creditors access to ALL your reports does." I have a contention with this logic.

The creditors who pull that specific CRA know it is frozen when they pull it. Whatever their decision is after that point is entirely up to them. The OP didn't force them into a contract and he didn't deceive them or lie to them. They knew his EX was frozen. The fact that he didn't give creditors access to all of his reports and the fact that they STILL chose to do business with them is no fault other than that of the creditor, regardless of what is on that report. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 35
teenastie
Established Contributor

@mkm77 wrote:

Thanks for letting me know what's ethical and policing the forums...

So none here should do a PFD either. I mean you were late right? The were reporting such right? Then its unethical to have them change your report. How about Goodwill letters? Those too are unethical. Lenders should never agree to ANY Goodwill because again you screwed up right? VERY UNETHICAL. How about paying your cards down to raise your score even if you plan to recharge them later or worse yet, transferring the debt to your wife's credit card. Horrible!! This whole site is EXTREMELY UNETHICAL teaching people how to repair their credit...

What about when a woman "hides" her natural look and wear make-up? Can you think of a worse thing?? Very Very unethical!!

To present your best foot is what you do with anything in life...My best report is Equifax so that is what I want them to look at and in my opinion is what has a true outlook on how I pay bills.

To claim what you claim is ridiculous. In my opinion of course. Now that I feel that I answered your input can we not start a flame war (I just used a blowtorch and wanting a seize fire now) and become internet pals? And I hope you aren’t a judge or anything like that! Smiley Surprised

Excellent points! I started a new thread Ethics and Credit Cards. So there is no thread jacking or unnecessary back and fourth on this post share your thoughts here. I will be more than open to get an understanding of your opinion aswell as share my thoughts with the community without flaming... 

side note:

I hate Makeup Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 35
mkm77
Regular Contributor

I knew you were a make-up hater!! and Cool no flame war!! They are kind of cool to WATCH though aren;t they? I can tell your actually a cool guy and the problem with the internet sometimes is we can't hear each others voice so everything is open to how I or others view a written response. Plus I'm actually a MUCH BIGGER Jackass off of forums.

Message 26 of 35
teenastie
Established Contributor

@mkm77 wrote:

I knew you were a make-up hater!! and Cool no flame war!! They are kind of cool to WATCH though aren;t they? I can tell your actually a cool guy and the problem with the internet sometimes is we can't hear each others voice so everything is open to how I or others view a written response. Plus I'm actually a MUCH BIGGER Jackass off of forums.

So am I as I work in Law Enforcement Smiley Very Happy

ETA: and I'm reminded that I'm a jackass daily

Message 27 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MamboItaliano wrote:

The ethics and standards of this board aside (not to dismiss them, but I am suggesting I am not disagreeing with those set standards): 

Something previously posted got my attention. The statment  "The fact that your "tactics" were "very successful" doesn't matter. The fact that you didn't give your creditors access to ALL your reports does." I have a contention with this logic.

The creditors who pull that specific CRA know it is frozen when they pull it. Whatever their decision is after that point is entirely up to them. The OP didn't force them into a contract and he didn't deceive them or lie to them. They knew his EX was frozen. The fact that he didn't give creditors access to all of his reports and the fact that they STILL chose to do business with them is no fault other than that of the creditor, regardless of what is on that report. 

I agree with this, if there was a problem the creditor would have just stated "unfreeze your report(s) and we can continue the app process".

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 35
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I can't read all three pages but depending on the adverse information contained on the others, always a risk that during a periodic account review they could SP any or all three and thus take action on the accounts. This freeze all but your best report concept has been discussed a lot and usually the same people post months later how everything was shut down or CLD. Anyway congrats on the cards.

Message 29 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

I can't read all three pages but depending on the adverse information contained on the others, always a risk that during a periodic account review they could SP any or all three and thus take action on the accounts. This freeze all but your best report concept has been discussed a lot and usually the same people post months later how everything was shut down or CLD. Anyway congrats on the cards.

Very true!! Your only setting yourself up for problems later on down the road when they SP all reports.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.