Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application & Itch Meeting!

tag
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: Application & Itch Meeting!

@calogan wrote:

Trying to avoid apping for Chase Freedom...

I don't need it in any way shape or form... but I want those 5% bonuses (even though the cap bites)

What is that?  We have vodka in the garden? Back I go...

Calogan, I know the feeling!!!!!! Just got the CSP so I'm trying to wait out 3-4 months to get the Freedom (I really want that card!), but I don't know if I'll make it Smiley Sad

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 21 of 44
adavis425
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I'm feeling pretty good about myself, no apps since my AMEX!! (and no urge for others either)!

Well, hello there! Glad you're back Smiley Happy.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 22 of 44
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I'm really not feeling the Chase Freedom too much since getting the BCP. It's become one of several inquiries I regret from last year, LOL! Wouldn't have gotten the card knowing CLIs are a HP. They do have a pretty god website, though!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 44
FrugalRican
Blogger

@drkaje wrote:

I'm really not feeling the Chase Freedom too much since getting the BCP. It's become one of several inquiries I regret from last year, LOL! Wouldn't have gotten the card knowing CLIs are a HP. They do have a pretty god website, though!

If it weren't for the Chase checking combo, I'd be in the same boat as you, to be honest.

Between the low CL and the HP's for a CLI, the BCE/BCP is much, much better, but I love the UR and the combo. The rotating combos are okay, but I like knowing exactly what my rewards are going to be all year.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 24 of 44
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

If it weren't for the Chase checking combo, I'd be in the same boat as you, to be honest.

Between the low CL and the HP's for a CLI, the BCE/BCP is much, much better, but I love the UR and the combo. The rotating combos are okay, but I like knowing exactly what my rewards are going to be all year.

I'm pretty much planing to sock drawer it if the limit doesn't get raised by August. It'll be a while until closing the account won't negatively impact utilization, though. Long term plan is to boot Chase, one Citi, Amex Delta, and one card from USAA.

Message 25 of 44
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@ Dada,

Is any card truly worth 3 hard pulls?

If your not in rebuilding mode, h-e-double hockey sticks no!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 44
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@ Dada,

I think there are some if you were sure to get your most desired card. For some it would be a PenFed, Appbar Jr. would allow 500 pulls if he were able to get a high limit Freedom Smiley Very Happy I would probably jump on a card even if it had 3 pulls (granted it would be only if I really wanted the card and had no worry about previous inquiries on my reports) 

Message 27 of 44
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@ Dada,

I think there are some if you were sure to get your most desired card. For some it would be a PenFed, Appbar Jr. would allow 500 pulls if he were able to get a high limit Freedom Smiley Very Happy I would probably jump on a card even if it had 3 pulls (granted it would be only if I really wanted the card and had no worry about previous inquiries on my reports) 

I still feel annoyed over taking three pulls for a mortgage application. LOL!

There just isn't a card (I'm aware of) that would add enough value to my life to justify three HPs.

Message 28 of 44
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

I still feel annoyed over taking three pulls for a mortgage application. LOL!

There just isn't a card (I'm aware of) that would add enough value to my life to justify three HPs.

Whats bad about mortgage and auto inquiries is that all of them are still visible as individual inquiries...even if they aren't counted in your score as long as they are within a few weeks of each other some banks don't care. Smiley Sad

*I cut some of the quotes out as to limit the length of the response*

Message 29 of 44
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I'm itching to apply for the Target RedCard so I can just throw it in the sock drawer!

I've gotten 4 inquiries over the past two months though...2 from Capital One and 2 from HSBC. I probably won't be scratching that itch for awhile then unless I can just get away with a softie...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.